UMTRR Website Update - March 2006

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
Hi all--

The Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report website has been updated. For those of you not familiar with it, the UMTRR is my independent review and commentary on the monthly releases of Micro-Trains Line, not affiliated with MTL, and includes information on the prototype history of the car, data from Official Railway Equipment Registers, photo references, and just about anything else I can get my hands on. There are also occassional "guest commentaries" from specific railroad and prototype experts, all in a convenient easy to use package.

The archive version of the March 2006 UMTRR and all updates to tables reflecting March releases and discontinued items are now on line.

In addition to the archives of past UMTRRs, the website contains release tables going back to 1996, a body style listing (with more information than the one on the MTL site), and "Micro-Stories" features spotlighting some releases and projects involving modifying MTL cars. And don't forget that both N and Z Scale releases each have their own "All Available Releases" table now.

The March 2006 full-length subscriber edition of the UMTRR was sent to all UMTRR e-mail subscribers on March 8. The archive edition on the website is shorter, doesn't cover locomotive and most Special Edition releases, and does not include live links, and is posted two to three weeks after the subscriber edition is issued. Subscribers usually receive the full UMTRR within five to ten days of the Micro-Trains monthly announcements.

Please visit the website for information on how to subscribe. The UMTRR continues to be free and worth at least that much...

http://www.irwinsjournal.com/umtrr

Cheers,