Ukrainian Easter Egg?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by 72BMWR75/5, Feb 28, 2007.

1. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I found a couple of Ukrainian Easter eggs once upon a time, but I lost the files. Anybody know where those might be found?
  2. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

5. Kaz

Kaz Member

have another go. it works here
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

And, he just made me a Hako(?) fan! I found his OCC and KISS models... Simply awesome.:rofl:
  7. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Thanks, guys

I knew I could count on y'all.
  8. Love those egg shaped models !!

I've been looking for something like that for eastery crafts, I'm going to try making the Chick in an Egg papercraft too from Epson Hong Kong Papercrafts
  9. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

10. Kaz

Kaz Member

Mark? I downloaded these on the 1 of march and not a whiff of a virus... are you sure its from him?
  11. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I got it from the root of the site, (http://home. 1asphost. com) maybe Homespunmagic is a user of a bigger site ? Similar to Geocities ?

The bl**dy thing got past McAfee as well :mad:

Now the really embarassing thing is that it's my work pc, and the guys don't believe me when I say it was a card model site :oops:
  12. Buki

Buki Member

Mark, which one? (the virus :mad: )
    The incriminated is currently ... under reconstruction? (refuses sessions)

I tried ... it offers free hosting - hmmm, its gotcha (Confirmation Code) seems to be too weak :cry: (vulnerable to "robotic" attack) - maybe they have more weak configuration settings or web-server vulnerabilities ...:oops:
  13. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Its reported as NTRootkit-U There is an infected file usbue.sys which won't delete. It the virus scanner renames it with a .vir extension, but the original file re-appears on a re-boot. I'm running MaAfee's antivirus.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
  14. Kaz

Kaz Member

15. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I have downloaded several models from Homespunmagixx. So, I did a search of my system, as Kaspersky AV Personal-Pro didn't make a peep. I found none of the files that would indicate I downloaded anything but models from his site.

But, 1asphost, is a service, so other sites in that domain may not be as safe as Homespun Magixx's is...
  16. SteveM

SteveM Member

Many Apologies

I'm am sick to find out that in addition to the perrenial and frustrating service interruptions my site is suffering at 1asphost, that people are getting viruses also. I am so sorry for any problems my site has caaused you.

I have already started moving to another hosting service that I hope will be much more reliable (and safer). I have been holding off announcing the temporary URL in favor of just redirecting my domain name. But that will take a few days still, so in the mean time try this link to HomespunMagixx

Once again, I am sorry for all the problem you've been having with my site.
  17. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Steve,

No apologies necessary - after all, it wasn't your fault.
  18. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Ha - Finally got rid of the blighter. The PC won't allow you to run regedit (damned company policy) which made it difficult, but X-Cleaner and X-ray PC, (free trial :)) found at helped me get rid of it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread - perhaps we can go back to talking about Easter Egg models now ?
  19. Buki

Buki Member

Mark, do not apologize - I think we were glad to help you :) (and for the others was good to be warned).
    The "damned" blocking of regedit is normal setting in strict company policy.8)
    (and if your system has activated system restore [policy?], the malware could obstinately resist - automatical re-infection from the backup).

Now I am guessing: have you used MS InternetExploder for browsing the incriminated home.1asphost? :twisted:
    If yes, try to avoid MSIEX for such purpose in the future...
  20. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Aha! That's the same folks I use. I got the first few years free, and now pay very,very little for lots and lots of storage and bandwidth. Never, ever had a problem with my site since I signed up (well, no problems that I didn't cause that is)

Good luck getting transfered over! You'll like it there