Uhu02's Fantastic Voyage

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Gixergs, Nov 1, 2009.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

Thanks UHU for another great model. I've always wanted this sub.

2. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Uhu- This is awesome! You sure got that one finished up quick!

I'm in shock that you have listed me on the cover page along with others- people a lot greater than me. This is a very unexpected surprise! Thank you very much! (Although I'm not really sure what I did to deserve this)

All the best and Merry Christmas!
    Ron Caudillo
  3. Red

Red Member

Same Here :eek:
    announce1Thank you UHU02 and Happy holidays :steamtrain:
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

What a marvelous piece of craftsmanship! Thank you for your most generous gift Uhu02. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
  5. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Resizing for those plastic gumball domes

Hi all,

I just had to check out Uhu's wonderful Proteus model and do a few test prints after downloading it. I wanted to see what the size reduction has to be in order for it to use those clear plastic containers found in common gumball machines.

If I reduce the output to 80%, then the container is a pretty tight fit (although the opening can be fine sanded to get it better and smoother) into the opening made for it. At 81%, the opening is just a tiny bit too large, but could work as well.

Thanks again Uhu, you have created another masterpiece and I will have to place EVERYTHING on hold to build it!

Best Regards,

Attached Files:

6. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

WOW that was a fast build !! i been out of the loop do to work (Holiday retail hell ) aka Walmart .. But that now slow down , I " ll be going for an OR soon . So i'll have 4 weeks out of work :) So I have some model's to build and finish.

Uhu great detail model !!
  7. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Wow I've been mentioned too!!:eek: talk about walking among giants,it's like mentioning the toilet attendant on Olympus. Thank you Uhu02 for the amazing gift of your model and for the honour of being mentioned.
    OK the dome I have seen but of course can't find at the momentwall1 transparent cat toy balls that are moulded as two domes they might be source,if I can find them again I will measure up clear Christmas Baubles may be another source.
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I'm honored and humbled to be mentioned on the cover page of such a fantastic work of art.

Thank you again for all your hard work and unselfish contributions to our hobby and community.
  9. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

Hi all,
    Thank you for the encouragement I have been able to complete.
    Thank you sincerely.
    I think the next project:wave:

Attached Files:

Revell-Fan likes this.
  10. Red

Red Member

With the quality of work that UHU does, the pirates had better hope that Uhu does not build a terminator. Because
    if he were to build one with the detail work he does, the paper would terminate them. sign1
    But to be serious, Thanks again for your wonderful gift to us all Uhu. Have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

I don't bloody believe it, a site that I scan through for the piracy group at ecardmodels has posted the proteus. It's been reported, so hopefully it'll get taken down soon.

Why can't the idiots (I'm being polite, family forum and all) just crawl back into there caves, bloody spoiling it for the rest of us.
  12. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Can you PM me the IP address(es) of the known piracy sites? I'll add them to the IP ban list, which will also ban anyone registering from those sites... :mrgreen:

It may not be much, but at least it's a small way to strike back at these rat *******s. :curse:

I can, and will immediately ban anyone engaging in piracy here. That's one reason the download section requires a 10 post minimum before access is given.
  13. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Sadly, I do believe it Paul. The thing that I don't understand is that this is a free model. Why on earth pirate a free model? :confused: It must be like counting coup or something.
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Ekuth, PM sent.

I didn't have time last night to check the download, just tried now and it actually links to UHU's download PDF. He's still left the watermarks on as well, so at least downloaders will know whos designed the model. Still wrong.
  15. gleasure

gleasure Member

I tried PM'ing you with some information, but it won't go through. How can I contact you otherwise? (Sez "The following users were not found:...")
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Dude, That looks so familiar. Nice work/:thumb:

17. gleasure

gleasure Member

Disregard. Just sent from different computer. Chalk it up to SCT.
  18. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

Proteus download

saw this model and just have to have it. Can anyone tell me where I can get it. I looked at the site, saw the model there, but couldn't download. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks

19. racc00n

racc00n Member

For those in the U.S., I found that www.kitkraft.biz has clear plastic domes (hemi-spheres) in an assortment of sizes ranging from 9/16 inch to at least 6 inch. Prices are reasonable, although you have to buy several as a package (ie: 5 each 1 1/4 inch domes for $6.25 plus shipping). I bought several sizes to accommodate variations in model size - and I will probably build something else that needs one ;o)

In addition they have a plastic finishing kit that lets you polish out any imperfections, etc. I got that too, because the domes have a mold thingy on the top, and I don't want that on my model. I figure I will get lots of mileage out of that kit as well. It is called Micro-Mesh Craft Kit and goes for $18.
  20. PixelOz

PixelOz New Member

Terrific you just never know what Uhu02 will come up with next and he susprises you

Even though I'm not that big a fan of the vehicle I do like the movie and it's great to see the level of attention to detail that he always put in his models, he is just very good a paper model designer. Terrific. :thumb: