Uhu02's Fantastic Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Windius

Oct 9, 2009
Bordeaux, south-west of France
Konishiwa Uhu-san,

My favorite is the sushi. But I can not make it.:rolleyes:

I also appreciate fresh sushis, but it is not really a problem if you can not yet make them. For them, just a phone call or some internet clicks and ths sushi-man is ringing at the door, or (far better) an happy time in those sushi restaurants where we can see (as said Ekuth) the Chief making them, wich is half the pleasure...

No problem, because you have a real Gods' Gift, you are making fantastic accurate models!!! And that time, I and the others fans have a double happyness and honour:first to follow you in the creation of the model, and second in a short time the pleasure to buil it, with even more respect as I have seen your skillness and your celerity.

It's quite my other dream, looking at a Master Katana Creator at work, so I will be even more respectfull with this sword.

Domo aligato gosaimazu Sensei for all what you give or share with us.

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
I have to interrupt this thread with an alarming announcement for the paper modellers of the UK.Uhu02 has once again become victim of pirates,this time in the UK selling his work for their own personal gains.Uhu02 has announced on his site that due to this he is now considering denying access to the UK.The loss of such great art to the modelling community in the UK would be immense and greatly felt and I sincerely hope that a solution can be found whereby Uhu02 can protect his work and still allow the genuine modellers of the UK access to his art but for what my humble opinion is worth I am in complete support of Uhu02 and any action he feels he needs to take.I am sorry that the greed of a few might ruin things for the majority.As of writing this Uhu02 has not taken this action and it is my fervent hope that this need not be done.
I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to Uhu02 for the gift of his art that he has given the UK and express my regrets that his generosity has been abused in such a way whatever the outcome of the situation Uhu02 you have my thanks,respect and total admiration.

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
I have received a message from Uhu02 in which he says that he will not deny access to the UK for which I am very grateful and wish to offer my thanks for and so in celebration of this great news here are some pictures of more details being added.

Attachments

• fv90.jpg
    fv90.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 38
  • fv93.jpg
    fv93.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 36

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
This is the advert and the link to it on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3D-PAPER-ART-...temQQimsxq20091128?IMSfp=TL091128206001r28106 several other peoples models as well.They have if you look at the advert even mentioned that they're CD is copy righted.I ask that we please do not turn the thread into a heated argument over piracy showing support for Uhu02 and the other artists whose work is being abused is one thing but given the strong feelings this subject raises and the scope for misunderstanding through translator software I feel that it is best to stick to the model side of things here and if so desired another thread started on the subject of piracy.

Attachments

• fv94_3.jpg
    fv94_3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 39

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
Sorry to here this.
UHU would have had Disney's permission to use the copy righted material (so he could give it away on his site ) and I don't think those thieves got the permission to use it let alone sell it :curse:
So if the copy right department that he got permission from is notified they might take matters in hand themselves
I love the high quality work that UHU02 dose and I hope that he dos not get discouraged and stops sharing.
it would be a horrible loss.
Don't let the thieves win UHU02

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Airdave has posted this on papermodelers.com regarding the pirate CD....
just a follow up...
in addition to my report to eBay
I also sent a message to "the_houseshop" (sue and dave)

in that message, I copied and pasted some quotes directly from Canon's website
(their legal paragraphs regarding copyright and reproduction)

I also added that the info regarding their items for sale has been forwarded to Canon and ebay.

I got this reply this morning:

Hi there, we do not intentionally sell copyrighted
material. The item you mention was bought from
another auction site for use by our children and
guide units. There was no mention on the discs
about copyright being held. This is why they where
listed. Goods have now been removed and originals
destroyed.

- the_houseshop

My thanks to Airdave and others that have tried to resolve this.I am not a designer nor am I likely to be and so rely on the kindness and talent of artists such as Uhu02 and Julescrafter I am glad that they are giving their work to a community that values it enough to defend it.

My thanks also to the community for keeping the thread civil and not reducing it to a bar room brawl about piracy.

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
And now a return to normal service,there can't be much more to go on the sub now and what a beauty she is.

Attachments

• fv97.jpg
    fv97.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
  • fv99_2.jpg
    fv99_2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 42

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Well I think she must be done now and what a stunning beast she is.

Attachments

• fv100x.jpg
    fv100x.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33
  • fv102.jpg
    fv102.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 34

RogSalMir

Feb 10, 2008
Uhu02,

Congratulations on the model built. It was a brilliant idea of using the vertical stabilizer to fix the hull top so that removal of this piece to separate the top and view the entire interior of the submarine.
When the pages containing the mounting hardware will be released or marketed for sale?

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS Uhu02-a-Claus has put the Proteus for downloading.A BIG THANK YOU TO UHU02 FOR HIS GENEROUS GIFT. Now go my children and fill your Christmas stockings and of course A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US ONE AND ALL!!:wave:

Attachments

• fv104.jpg
    fv104.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 145

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Uhu- This is awesome! You sure got that one finished up quick!

I'm in shock that you have listed me on the cover page along with others- people a lot greater than me. This is a very unexpected surprise! Thank you very much! (Although I'm not really sure what I did to deserve this)

All the best and Merry Christmas!
Ron Caudillo

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
What a marvelous piece of craftsmanship! Thank you for your most generous gift Uhu02. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Resizing for those plastic gumball domes

Hi all,

I just had to check out Uhu's wonderful Proteus model and do a few test prints after downloading it. I wanted to see what the size reduction has to be in order for it to use those clear plastic containers found in common gumball machines.

If I reduce the output to 80%, then the container is a pretty tight fit (although the opening can be fine sanded to get it better and smoother) into the opening made for it. At 81%, the opening is just a tiny bit too large, but could work as well.

Thanks again Uhu, you have created another masterpiece and I will have to place EVERYTHING on hold to build it!

Best Regards,

Attachments

• Plastic Gumball - 81 percent reduction.jpg
    Plastic Gumball - 81 percent reduction.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 47

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
WOW that was a fast build !! i been out of the loop do to work (Holiday retail hell ) aka Walmart .. But that now slow down , I " ll be going for an OR soon . So i'll have 4 weeks out of work :) So I have some model's to build and finish.

Uhu great detail model !!

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Wow I've been mentioned too!!:eek: talk about walking among giants,it's like mentioning the toilet attendant on Olympus. Thank you Uhu02 for the amazing gift of your model and for the honour of being mentioned.
OK the dome I have seen but of course can't find at the momentwall1 transparent cat toy balls that are moulded as two domes they might be source,if I can find them again I will measure up clear Christmas Baubles may be another source.

uhu02

Banned
Oct 27, 2007
niigata Japan
Hi all,
Thank you for the encouragement I have been able to complete.
Thank you sincerely.
I think the next project:wave:

Attachments

• PDF作成用1.jpg
    PDF作成用1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Revell-Fan

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
With the quality of work that UHU does, the pirates had better hope that Uhu does not build a terminator. Because
if he were to build one with the detail work he does, the paper would terminate them. sign1
But to be serious, Thanks again for your wonderful gift to us all Uhu. Have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
I don't bloody believe it, a site that I scan through for the piracy group at ecardmodels has posted the proteus. It's been reported, so hopefully it'll get taken down soon.

Why can't the idiots (I'm being polite, family forum and all) just crawl back into there caves, bloody spoiling it for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.