UHU02's Enterprise

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by legal01, Apr 30, 2014.

1. legal01

legal01 Member

Just adding this thread here as normally Im on PM instead. Have been building the excellent UHU02 Enterprise XI which I upscaled to 1:400 scale and during the build I stumbled on just a few small things that could be changed in order to improve this already excellent model.

First things first, the build so far need some pictures...... 20140414_080132.jpg
    The bottom of the main hull with cutting knife for scale. It has been glued onto 1mm thick card to provide some strength to the hull.

The top...
    Also glued onto 1mm card to give strength. Final dish is 43 cmm wide at this scale.
    Revell-Fan, Cforrest900 and bgt01 like this.
  2. legal01

legal01 Member

Now the details added. I have done away with most of the tabs as at this size it allows you more than enough give to rely on separate tabs below the pieces. IMG_8901.JPG

Attached Files:

3. legal01

legal01 Member

Next the secondary hull. Here is where I found the first little issue. Part S-23 has one of the folds swopped round so its an easy fix to correct it..... IMG_8913.JPG IMG_8915.JPG IMG_8920.JPG IMG_8921.JPG

Attached Files:

4. legal01

legal01 Member

Here the part has been adjusted.... Change 1.png
  5. legal01

legal01 Member

Next onto the nacelles, only a few small changes here, Part 63 and 74 are different on the underside where ther parts join. Part 74 is a much cleaner and easier build so I would suggest that both parts be changed to the same.
    Change 2.png Also the shading on parts 64 and 75 are not the same and needs to be adjusted.

Change 3.png
    Revell-Fan, bgt01 and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  6. legal01

legal01 Member

Lastly the nacelles themselves. Only a small adjustment to the structure to make the nacelles easier to build and ensure the nacelles are equal and straight.
    20140421_163306.jpg 20140421_164509.jpg
  7. legal01

legal01 Member

Just by moving the joint between the nacelle arm structure and the internal nacelles structure and the joint is much stronger and the parts automatically align. Change 4.png
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB on this project! It all looks GREAT!!!
    Thank you for letting us know that there are a few minor problem and what your solutions were.!!!
  9. pittpenguin123

pittpenguin123 New Member

wow this is amazing alwaysed loved this version
  10. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

Haven't we met somewhere...:rolleyes:

Nice to see you on Zealot, Legal01! Great job on the fixes.
  11. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

beautiful-crisp and clean! poster of the month material. you got my vote, and what a great model uhu!!!!
  12. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Welcome to zealot! You are doing some great work on this build!
  13. DJPinter

DJPinter Trusted Confidant

Very nice. Look like I'll have to put this in my model que. I'm not really a fan of the new ship though. They removed the bowling alley/Olympic-sized swimming pool under the shuttle craft hanger deck.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  14. Marman

Marman Member

This is an amazing build. when I get through my first build I think I will attempt to build this, if it's within the novice category.
  15. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you very much for posting here, too!
  16. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Legal01, it is truly a great pleasure to see your posts here. This is an awesome build too! :)
  17. legal01

legal01 Member

And here is the final product, 40 pages of card, 16 pages of stickers for the structure, two A2 sized 1mm triplex cardboard sheets and an amazing amount of glue and tape! The final size is 43cm wide by 86 long.
    IMG_8956.JPG IMG_8959.JPG Image 1.JPG IMG_8952.JPG IMG_8955.JPG
    lyter1958, mysteroid, dnalor and 4 others like this.
  18. legal01

legal01 Member

And for a little drama!
    Ent XI.jpg
    dnalor, bgt01, Revell-Fan and 3 others like this.
  19. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did a SPECTACULAR JOB on this project!!!
  20. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

HOLY, HOLY FRAK!!!!!!! 86 CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND it looks sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood!!!!