UHU02 Viper

Gixergs

As already mentioned finale layout and numbering finished after a bit more fishing we should get the build pictures.

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 36

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This Viper will be the PLATINUM STANDARD that all others will be compared.

Gixergs

Well at last it here, UHU02 has started the Viper build and RF my friend I hope you've been saving the credits.:yep:
First part of a big update by UHU02, just a few of the photos he has posted.

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
HOO-AH!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I am glad to see that he has started the actual build now!!! It looks like it will be a FANTASTIC LOOKING model!!!
I am so VERY EXCITED!!!bounce7

I AM GREATLY LOOKING FORWARD RO BUILDING THIS MODEL!!!

I decided that it would be in my best interest to throw this in to cover the cost of my excitement.
cubits[1].jpg
Hopefully it will be enough.:thumb:

Gixergs

Had problems getting here for a bit but at last the next part of the update and no 1000 Cubits (Cubits dam it Cubits not credits) will not be enough.
Let the naughty words begin as you see the awesome cockpit build.

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 18

Gixergs

And now another big dent in the Cubit pile.

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 16

Gixergs

We should nominate a charity to receive the swear box as by my reckoning the amount of uncontrollable outbursts of amazed swearing at the detail and standard of design and build of the Viper has so far funded a small hospital, if you include the reaction to the X-Wing as well then you can add a fleet of ambulances and a couple of scanners to. Now to pay for the Air Ambulance!

Attachments

• 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 15

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My swear box account just experienced a severe drop by 100 Cubits! :mrgreen:

Gixergs

Another big update a another huge donation to the swear box as the detail on the Viper just gets more incredible as it goes along. I'm not sure but I think a lot of the design of the internals are made by UHU02 himself, I can't recall there being a great deal of Cutaway information on the MkII like there was on the original series Viper or the X-Wing fighter which if the case makes this an outstanding piece of design art and if not the case then it makes it an outstanding piece of design art that UHU02 had reference material for. Anyway you approach the subject this is another leap in paper model design and building that makes me wonder again, just where can UHU02 take it next time, this isn't even a finished model and it's reset the bar.

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 18

Gixergs

More incredible detail added hopefully the engines will be soon, I do like engines.

Attachments

• 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 122_2.jpg
    122_2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 17

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:eek::eek::eek: OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! :eek::eek::eek:

This is so FRAKKING cool!

:thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(still 800 Cubits left! :twisted:)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure but I think a lot of the design of the internals are made by UHU02 himself, I can't recall there being a great deal of Cutaway information on the MkII like there was on the original series Viper or the X-Wing fighter which if the case makes this an outstanding piece of design art and if not the case then it makes it an outstanding piece of design art that UHU02 had reference material for. Anyway you approach the subject this is another leap in paper model design and building that makes me wonder again, just where can UHU02 take it next time, this isn't even a finished model and it's reset the bar.
Gixergs, I couldn't have said it better.

UHU02's design is brilliant (once again :thumb: ). There is always a bit of guesstimation involved in every project (mainly because you have to simplify something or because you can't find complete references). This model has two BIG advantages though: 1st, it is made by one of the greatest paper model artistst in the world, 2nd, it is a close relative of the X-Wing and Mk. I (which in essence is an X-Wing with stubby wings :mrgreen: ). So if there are any uncertain areas the X-Wing could serve as a model for creating similar (Viper-ised :mrgreen: ) parts.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I think that by the time this build thread is finished, I will be facing DEBTORS PRISON!!!

I have to agree with both Revell-Fan and Gixergs. At this point, it does not matter if UHU02 has all of the reference material on this bird, or he has taken (any) artistic creative licensing (and to be totally honest, I do not care either way). The point is, this model has (indeed) set the bar. UHU02 has designed a FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC model and the build thread is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!

Rogerio Silva

2nd!

I think that by the time this build thread is finished, I will be facing DEBTORS PRISON!!!

I have to agree with both Revell-Fan and Gixergs. At this point, it does not matter if UHU02 has all of the reference material on this bird, or he has taken (any) artistic creative licensing (and to be totally honest, I do not care either way). The point is, this model has (indeed) set the bar. UHU02 has designed a FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC model and the build thread is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!

I couldn't have put this any better. You said it all, I can only say that I second that. :thumb: :thumb:

Gixergs

Just to be clear on my previous statement about UHU02 designing the internals of the Viper without reference material my intention was not to criticise the accuracy of the design in anyway but to praise the fact that not only is UHU02 designing an amazing model but he is also practically designing the aircraft as well!. he has not just placed various boxes and wiggly bits he has placed sensors and oxygen bottles and other obvious avionic equipment which just makes the whole thing all the more incredible. And now to prove the point and swell the swear box even more, further incredible updates.

Attachments

• 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 11

Gixergs

More truly amazing detail added and despite the fact that there is still plenty to do I can't help but start to wonder where UHU02 is going to go from here, is there a subject that will stump him? each time a model is finished it is thought to be the ultimate until UHU02 makes the next ultimate model.

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 139.jpg
    139.jpg