UHU02 new project

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gixergs, Jul 9, 2010.

1. This will be the masterpiece to display with my moonbus, Discovery DX-01, and my space 1999 eagle.
  2. dhanners

dhanners Member

Well, another source says "real" Aries 1B's sphere is supposed to be 40 feet in diameter. If Uhu02's model is 126 mm wide, then that would (by my calculations) put the model at a scale of 1/96.7. (12,192 mm divided by 126 mm = 96.7).

If that's the case, that'd be cool. It would be in scale (more or less) with many of my other models.
  3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Frantoobulously spangerific!!!! (I having to make up words to describe it now)

Attached Files:

4. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Looks bloody brillient. Don't think I would have the patience to build all those chairs though.

With all the details this model has, it's calling to be upscalled.
  5. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

This is why Uhu02 is the "Sensei of PaperModels"!
  6. Gixergs

I could of course easily build a model like this but I have sworn never to use my super powers away from my Fortress of Averageness :cry: Words are not necessary the pictures speak of the incredible talent in both the design and building of impossible paper models AMAZING WORK THANK YOU.

Attached Files:

7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

My gob is officially smacked.

With a sticky back ping pong paddle, too. :eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  8. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

Such detail!
  9. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

POTW got my vote! :D
  10. nh3ave2006

nh3ave2006 Member

:D "Heaven, I'm in Heaven" :D
  11. dhanners

dhanners Member

I've got his website bookmarked, I know the username and password, but since I can't read Japanese, is the thing available for download yet?
  12. Gixergs

Not yet,I think theres still the cockpit to go!
  13. oriod01

oriod01 Member

I love sci-fi, but I'm not a big '2001 A Space Odessey' fan. So although I'm a big uhu02 fan, I really wasn't following this one... H-O-L-Y $#!+ !!!! This is INCREDIBLE! Uhu02 is a Master Artist and a Genius! They say most true geniuses are insane, and the level of detail on this masterpiece proves that, WOW! Is there no end to this man's talent and skill, each model is exponentially better and more detailed than the one before it. My jaw hit the floor (hard), my tongue rolled out of the room, and I got lightheaded. I'm hoping (and a little frightened) that the work up he showed on the Star Destroyer means it is next?
  14. jparenti

jparenti Member

This is honestly the most detailed model he's made yet -- and I'm building Discovery right now. :D

I wondered that myself. According to a source I read (somewhere...:confused:), in the 2001 universe, Discovery's command module was built by the same people who built the Aries and was based on its design, and so the spheres MAY be the same size. (Discovery's sphere has also been provided as 40' in diameter.) From what I'm seeing so far, they look to be nearly the same size.
    A (terrible cell phone) pic of my (in progress) Discovery command module to give you an idea on size -- looks to be the same to me.

Attached Files:

15. Gixergs

Work started on the cockpit Fantastic!!!:eek:

Attached Files:

16. Gixergs

More work on the cockpit

Attached Files:

17. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

Attached Files:

• e.jpg
      File size:
      121.4 KB
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  18. dhanners

dhanners Member

Great! I downloaded the model but had to leave for work before I could print anything out. Does anyone know if this stuff is standard American letter-sized paper, A4 or what?

Looking over the parts, they look stunning and there's no doubt, from Uhu02's photos, that it builds into a great-looking model. Many thanks to him for designing and offering this wonderful (and much-needed) addition to our hobby.
  19. Gixergs

Beaten to the punchline again!! Go get her she looks like this:eek::eek:

Attached Files:

20. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Thanks uhu02 for yet another MASTERPIECE. As usual your models are some of the best done in ANY medium, paper, plastic, resin, wood, metal, etc. We all appreciate your generous, masterful, (and fast) effort and talent. We bow humbly to your greatness. You never cease to amaze, we love you man!