UHU02 Argo

Gixergs

Played by Honor Blackman of Cathy Gale and that dubious pun in Goldfinger fame Hera was Jason's guide in his search for the Golden Fleece and would speak with him through the figure head which is why it was place at the stern of the boat making it a figurefeet I suppose.
440.jpg 445.jpg 448.jpg 450.jpg

Gixergs

There has been a comment made elsewhere, doesn't matter where or by whom and I hold you all to your honour not to start a flame war or naming names that is all irrelevant. A comment was made that UHU02 makes his models too complicated with too many small parts and should simplify and sell them and crush unicorns and burn fairies and other stuff. Ok I have more chance of stowing away to Japan, tracking down UHU02 ,breaking into his house and stealing this model (note to self, add to to do list) then building this model to anything like this standard, but I bloody well aspire too and I'm damn well going to try my best. I am not likely to land on a comet,walk on Mars or dive to the Titanic but I love to see it done We should aspire to build like UHU02 not expect him to constrain himself to our abilities. The human condition demands that we forever push at the boundaries be it diving deeper, flying higher or building incredible models. To suggest that UHU02 does anything other than his incredible best when he designs and builds his models is not only insulting to him but insults every pioneer in human history. If you can't build it, aspire too or adapt it so you can or make your own version or just enjoy looking at the beauty at it, basically evolve. Without UHU02 and other designers pushing to see what can be done in paper the model of the Argo would look like this rather than the stunning work of art we have been given.
paper-boat.jpg

Last edited:

Gixergs

UHU02 please keep pushing the standards of paper modelling to it's limits we will try to keep up and if we can't we can still look on in awe at the creations. I look forward to seeing your next incredible design and thank you so very much for the beautiful model of Argo.
b1.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@uhu02 is one of a few designers that I have ALWAYS looked up to (just because of the level of his models). I have always looked forward to see what UHU02 has come up with and what he is going to make next and what new challenges await for me.
As everyone here knows, I have HUGE (BEAR PAW like) hands and I was able to built his Viper MK-II model (in its original size). granted, I did do some altering to the model be adding even more detail (I suffer from a very common, but very bad disease, called "GREEBLITIS"). I GREATLY ENJOYED the build! I even built a diorama around it. Not only that, but I have also built a few other models from UHU02's collection (as gifts for friends). I GREATLY ENJOYED building each and everyone of them as well (and I plan on building many more of his models)!!!

I normally do not do this, but I BEG UHU02 to not stop designing and building models. Not only that, but I BEG UHU02 to NEVER LOWER HIS STANDARDS for his models!!!

No designer should ever lower his/her standards for anyone.
It is the person who wants to build that model that needs to raise his/her skills and abilities in order to do such.

@uhu02 Your work is GREATLY APPRECIATED HERE and ALWAYS WILL BE!!!

KEEP UP THE SPECTACULAR WORK!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
!!! SO SAY WE ALL !!!

If a certain group of highly gifted and talented people had restrained themselves we surely wouldn't have made it to the Moon and beyond. :astronaut: What would mankind be without a Choufu, a Leonardo, a Pythagoras and - a UHU02?

@uhu02 : Please stay the way you are and keep pushing the boundaries of papercrafting. The Force (of paper) is strong with you - always! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@uhu02 Thank you once again for another work of art!:Bravo::Drinks:
I am looking forward to seeing what you will come up with next!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Such a beauty - and I still have to make the AT-ST! :)

Thank you so much, UHU02!!! :Bravo::Bravo::Bravo: