kevin

Attachments

• uhoh.jpg
    uhoh.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 280

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
CATZILLA!!! RUN!!!

Uh oh is right! Get yourself a large paint brush and keep it and some water (to moisten the brush a little) handy to pick up cat leavins. Mine sheds something awful, glad he's now too fat to jump on the layout even if I had it up right now.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
You've got to get that cat off of there! The hairs that are shed will get everywhere, including the loco motor and they'll wrap around the axle ends on the cars and cause 'unexplained' derailments. I kept a small water pistol handy for occasions such as this. I would squirt the cat right between the eyes and he'd stay off the layout for a few days.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I had that same problem early on. Then I found a simple solution. Works great!:thumb:
Doc
acn.jpg

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Your layout room needs doors (or if it's a corner, walls & doors!)

I set up a track a couple days ago on the floor (my old layout is at my parents' house, 110mi north of here)...and my cats learned after some coaching that brass locomotives are not to be batted like toy mice :)

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Doc Holliday said:
I had that same problem early on. Then I found a simple solution. Works great!:thumb:
Doc
acn.jpg
But what do you do if one of your cats is retarded and therefore can't read a sign?

(Seriously, one of my cats is mentally handicapped. Makes for some interesting times with Alonzo)

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
If I had a cat that could get at my trains, I'd quickly install working 22,000 volt cat-enary.:D
The dog, a yellow Lab, used to come in the layout room, but was never any trouble, even though his main hobby was shedding hair.:rolleyes: He's too old to make it down the steps anymore.

Wayne

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
To keep kitty off you could use, in no particular order: voltage, .....actually I can't think of anything else. I guess saying "bad kitty" doesn't work since they think they own everything anyway.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
That may sound cruel but believe it or not, it works really good. About 12 years ago, we had two dogs. One day, my wife had just baked and frosted a big chocolate cake and left it on the kitchen counter to cool while we went out and ran errands. Upon our return, the cake pan was upside down on the floor, clean as could be and there were little chocolate paw prints all over the kitchen. Soooo, me being the disciplinarian that I am, I laid tin foil down on the floor, sprayed it with a light mist of water, I laid another layer of misted foil on top of the counter. I then hooked the two layers up to my fence charger and left the room unattended with some "bait" up on the counter top. A short time later, we heard a couple of surprised yelps. From that day on, we never had trouble with the dogs jumping up on the counter tops ever again.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Xray the cat and the chain gang will be the things waving in the film asking for parole.

Don't get me wrong - I like cats and dogs and such. There's just some things they should be made to understand they can't touch. Actually, a good cat training device is a squirt gun - just a quick spray catching them in the act of something you don't want should do it. But of course water is generally bad for a layout...so that idea is out.

I guess you'll just have to explain things to the cat, pick him up, remove him from the layout. (Repeat about 100 times.)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Cats need...

...hobbies too. Perhaps he'd(she'd?) like cooking? Hey- the holidays are coming!

This Christmas get what every model railroader wants and needs even if they don't know it! Check it out on page 96. Use your customer code to receive a set of six festive bibs. Act fast, order now. Supplies are limited.

Item 10014URR 1001 Ways to Wok a Cat Books

Relive those whacky '60s. Gather your friends and yardcrew around the layout. Take turns swinging the mighty "tool of freedom" while all are singing karoke to this ever enchanting dirge. Page 2. Use your customer code and we'll toss in a '90s product, (1) 100 ct. box of "Speedy Wipez".

Item 6664URR If I Had A Hammer Audio

Just a couple thoughts.:D

Mark

PS Don't get any on ya.:thumb: