UFO Interceptor from Uhu02

McTschegsn

Good evening folks,

the barge Cleopatra is nearing completion so I thought about my next project.
My choice is the UFO Interceptor from Uhu02. I hesitated a bit because of the fact that I do not see me as an advanced or expert modeler but it is as everytime...
One grows with his projects. So i decided to give it a try.
I chose the model because there are not too many party and it seems like I can achieve a good result with the given patience.
So... Here we go... Any advice is appreciated.

First parts are for the Cockpit. I scored the and cut them out. One glueing Tab is missing at the top of the bulkhead. But I think this can be ignored. Well we will see that when the build progresses.
The Edges are colored and tomorrow I will glue the first parts together.

Interceptor1.jpg Interceptor2.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Here is some food for thought.
Take your time with any of UHU02's models. If you feel that you need to take a break, then take a break from it and then return to it later. You should very rush through his (or anyone else's) models. Just follow his build threads closely and you should not have any problem. With that being said, I would strongly suggest thoroughly reading through the build thread first and then go through and follow the build thread as you are actually building the model.

Good luck with it. I will be following this thread.
BEST OF LUCK!!!

McTschegsn

Thank you Rhaven. I have read several build threads and Uhus blog of course. That was the reason hesitating at first. Now I feel ready for this :)

Tonino

Ciao Chris! I'm building my first UHU02 too and I can assure you that his works are pure joy!
The fitting is always perfect and the look of every section you complete is so great that pays you for every minute you spent on it.
And if something goes wrong... nothing is lost: print another copy and go on. I printed twice almost every page till now (I'm building the LEM... yes you are right: it's a courageous choice as "first UHU"...) but so if I don't like some cut or fold (it happens very often) I can have a second try.
But, as I can see, you won't need any second try: everything is going on very smoothly...
Keep the good work. I'll follow this thread. UFO was my favourite TV series ... several years ago ... well ... many years ago, really.

McTschegsn

Keeping up
wink.gif

Got the formers glued in place and the joiners for the fuselage parts.
Plus the inner cockpit shell is glued together and partially mounted. The Cockpit section is a bit fiddly to glue but the parts have a fantastic fit so with a little bit patience one will succeed.
I partially mounted the inner shell and let it thoroughly dry before glueing the rest on ift to achieve a perfect fit.

Interceptor8.jpg Interceptor9.jpg Interceptor10.jpg Interceptor11.jpg Interceptor12.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic, I may have to have a go at it, though you have set the bar pretty high . :)

McTschegsn

Thank you Zathros. I don't think that the bar is too high. I have learned to cover mistakes very fast ;)
Got a little bit further on the build. The inner Cockpit Structure is glued to the backbone and the windshiel is ready to be glued in place. I made the clear parts on cigarette box cellophane paper. The outer sections of the Cocpit area and the nose are ready to be glued in place.
Now going to cook... Some argentinian beef tenderloin with redwine sauce and potatoes... No invitations or pics - sorry ;)

Attachments

• Interceptor13.jpg
    Interceptor13.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 38