Ucs Lego Atst

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Getter1, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

This isn't paper but I though it would be cool to show you the LEGO Ultimate Collector's Series AT-ST. This sucker is 16 Inches tall and took over 4 hours to build!!!

Getter 1

Attached Files:

2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Rear view.

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool.......... I saw on MAKE! the other day a lego of SG-1 Star Gate.......... motor driven and all the different symbols and everything..........Wow!

Your AT-ST looks very good!........... um maybe we should contact lego and tell them to start using paper instead of plastic:twisted:

But I guess you have to do SOMETHING will that stuff!:cry:

4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Without detracting from your efforts on building this model I must say that modern LEGO really sucks. I am only 22 but when I was a kid LEGO models were made from blocks no they seem to consist of about a million different shaped molded parts that can only make one model. I suppose if they were like the old ones kids wouldn't want them as they would be too difficult
  5. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Here's a couple of pics of my paper AT-AT next to my old Lego AT-AT and Snowspeeder. The AT-AT and AT-ST are really nice, but not near worth the money you shell out for them. If they were about 25% less, they would be more worth it, IMO.

6. hpept

hpept Member

paper model looks incomparably better and definitely way more cheaper... so you choose the way to follow :grin:
  7. bugman72

bugman72 Member

The paper version was INDEED cheaper...$8 total versus $90. I still have the paper model...sold the Lego version shortly after the photo was taken.

So as to not completely derail Getter1's thread, I must say that the UCS AT-ST is leaps and bounds better than the AT-AT, in terms of capturing the look. I had heard rumors that they were going to redo the AT-AT and release it as a UCS, but I have yet to hear anything more than that.

On a Lego-related side note...has anyone seen the UCS Star Destroyer? Piece count is WAY up there and builds a rather impressive model. That is...until I give Shun Pop's Star Destroyer paper model the same treatment as my AT-AT...to the tune of 3-4' in length!!
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Nice re-size there Bugman 72 :D Are you planning an ATST to scale?

I agree the LEGO sets cost more than they should but after playing LEGO Starwars 1 and 2 I'm hopelessy addicted to them :p If you think the LEGO sets are expensive you should see what I have paid out in plastic and resin kits. Not to meantion my Soul of Chogokin diecast super robot figures. My wallet cringes at the thought, but hey you can't take it with you right? Enjoy it while you still can.

I'ld have to say that paper has certianly been a much more affordable hobby. When I got started on paper a little over a year ago I honestly had no idea just how good a paper model could look. I have no regrets taking up paper but I still love my earlier mediums just as much.

Here's a shot of my SOC Dancuga priced at nearly $300. I got a deal on it but still costly.

Getter 1

Attached Files:

9. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I will wholeheartedly agree that Lego Star Wars I & II suck you in. Those are my two favorite Xbox games currently.

I had to give up the collecting of Lego models when I became hooked on Radio Controlled Rock Crawling. That's an addictive (and sometimes VERY) expensive hobby. Willpower is the key to not requiring what your signature recommends :)

As for the AT-ST, yes I am in the process of redrawing the AT-ST of Shun Pop's to be of the same relative scale as my AT-AT. Been working on it for a while and hope to have it wrapped up fairly soon.