U.S.S. Defiant (by ThunderChild)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Greetings ladies and Gentlemen,

As we all know, @ThunderChild has GRACIOUSLY shared his latest design with all of us, the U.S.S. Defiant.
So to show "THANKS" and APPRECIATION for such, I have decided to build this model.
(This is the first Star Trek model (kit) that I have built so far.)

Here are the photos, starting with the front end:

IMAG4201.jpg IMAG4202.jpg IMAG4203.jpg IMAG4204.jpg IMAG4205.jpg IMAG4206.jpg IMAG4207.jpg IMAG4208.jpg IMAG4209.jpg IMAG4210.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Here are the final photos of the front end.

IMAG4221.jpg IMAG4222.jpg IMAG4223.jpg IMAG4224.jpg IMAG4225.jpg IMAG4226.jpg IMAG4227.jpg IMAG4228.jpg IMAG4229.jpg IMAG4230.jpg

This is a very straight forward and enjoyable build!

Please stay tuned to your local Federation Broadcast Services Network for further updates as they come in.

Thank you for watching!

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think you live in a different time event horizon. I just don't understand how you make all this stuff!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you both for the kind words and encouragement.
If I did not have this hobby, I would be in a white rubber padded room with a white "hug me" jacket on singing:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Rhaven, I can identify with your sentiment 100% :) The Defiant is looking good! I started on creating a 1:400 Defiant (to go with the Voyager I'm busy with) TC's model is just a bit small :)

Looking to upload once done, just need to clean up the double faces & then I can do a test build (ok, after Voyager... )

Love the song, haven't heard it for years!

mcusanelli

RB,
Great work as usual! Even though it's a small model, I just have to see if my banana fingers can handle it, and having this thread to look at will really help. Thanks!
Mike

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
RB,
Great work as usual! Even though it's a small model, I just have to see if my banana fingers can handle it, and having this thread to look at will really help. Thanks!
Mike
I have HUGE bearpaw type hands and I am able to make this. So if I can do it, so can you. Just take your time with it!

Rhaven, I can identify with your sentiment 100% :) The Defiant is looking good! I started on creating a 1:400 Defiant (to go with the Voyager I'm busy with) TC's model is just a bit small :)

Looking to upload once done, just need to clean up the double faces & then I can do a test build (ok, after Voyager... )

Love the song, haven't heard it for years!

I am looking forward to seeing your version of the Defiant!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement on this project!!!

Marman

I've seen a couple of versions on the net, but none come close to this one. Good job. I love the Defiant. I think the way it was introduced in DS 9 was perfectly timed. I almost love it as much as the Voyager. Almost.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
A few more photos.

IMAG4242.jpg IMAG4243.jpg IMAG4244.jpg IMAG4245.jpg

I have finished the main body and underside.
IMAG4246.jpg IMAG4247.jpg IMAG4248.jpg IMAG4249.jpg
For being so small, there are a good amount of greebles in this model (which I am very happy with!).

I will be working on the Nacelles next.

ENJOY!!!

Please stay tuned to your local Federation Broadcast Services Network for further updates as they come in.

Last edited:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I've seen a couple of versions on the net, but none come close to this one. Good job. I love the Defiant. I think the way it was introduced in DS 9 was perfectly timed. I almost love it as much as the Voyager. Almost.

OK, I'm guilty of blowing my own trumpet here :) Marman, have you seen the thread of my Voyager build?

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Here is another update.

I have finished the Nacelles. I did not have any "real" problems with any of the parts (other than my HUGE HANDS. :rolleyes:)

Here are the photos:

IMAG4250.jpg IMAG4251.jpg IMAG4252.jpg IMAG4253.jpg IMAG4254.jpg IMAG4255.jpg IMAG4256.jpg IMAG4257.jpg IMAG4258.jpg IMAG4259.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Here are the rest of the photos showing the completion of the Nacelles.

IMAG4260.jpg IMAG4261.jpg IMAG4263.jpg IMAG4264.jpg IMAG4265.jpg IMAG4266.jpg IMAG4267.jpg

Now on to the Bridge Section.

ENJOY!!!

Marman

OK, I'm guilty of blowing my own trumpet here :) Marman, have you seen the thread of my Voyager build?

I think I have, but to be sure I will look for the thread. I have the file printed, but between being with the grand kids 22 hours a day and 2 other projects in the works I have no time to start it. But I just love the Voyager. I really do!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Here is the Bridge Section. For such a small model, there is quite a bit of detail that really makes this model stand out!

IMAG4268.jpg IMAG4269.jpg IMAG4270.jpg IMAG4271.jpg IMAG4272.jpg

The Bridge is now attached to the ship.
IMAG4273.jpg

Now on to the Stand.