U.S.S. Commanche - NCC-360

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Hello all. While waiting for the glue to dry on my recent Reliant build I managed to finish this small ship. This is the U.S.S. Commanche, a Warhorse-class patrol ship. I'll say upfront, I am aware there is an extra "m" in my spelling of Comanche. I was too far along to correct it without starting over. Warhorse class comes from the Comanches' noted skills with horses. The registry number is low because, like my earlier U.S.S. Walker, this ship represents a pre-TOS design.

She is what I'm calling a Patrol Ship; used for planetary defense. When new, she would have been one of Starfleet's top light-duty ships. By TOS time, her aged but reliable design has relegated ships like Commanche to close planet support. She's small with limited range and volume. Her small engines can make Warp 3 max. She has more phaser power than a Scout-class ship, but for a shorter duration.

The design is a little chunky on purpose to make her look like an older ship. I started this a long time before I started taking build pics, but she's a straight Rawen-type build. I modified some Rawen pylons to bring the warp drive closer to the hull. The engines are scaled Rawen parts with the Starfleet pennant redone to retain its size. The remaining parts are PDMccool parts. I mounted the navigational deflector on the primary hull because it looked ridiculous everywhere else. And that's it!

Attachments

• 100_3346.JPG
    100_3346.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 100_3347.JPG
    100_3347.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 100_3348.JPG
    100_3348.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 100_3349.JPG
    100_3349.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 100_3350.JPG
    100_3350.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 100_3351.JPG
    100_3351.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 100_3352.JPG
    100_3352.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 100_3353.JPG
    100_3353.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 27

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like the way it looks. I REALLY like the back story!
You did a GREAT JOB in designing and building this ship.
You are going to make a template for it? I think that it would make a GREAT addition to the fleet.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Thanks @Rhaven Blaack. I'm a writer by trade so the story is usually more detailed than the model. What I wouldn't give for someone to hand me the keys to Star Trek for a few years...or 20!:rolleyes: I'll upload a file soon.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
i pulled off google image search from some model building site. I can try to find the link . I will post it here