U-Boat Type VII C in Design

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by NOBI, Jan 31, 2007.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Nobi............. are you doing the modeling?
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

No...My friend in Thailand do this. he design this u-boat in 1/72 scale. Length of model nearly 1 meter. Model is not finish yet but I see potential in his design. very cool so far. I try to convince him to post progress of his design here too. I think we will see progress from him here soon.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That is very neat............ I was doing a little head figuring and came up with about the same length................. the amount of detailing on this would be amazing. I'm interested.

5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

AAAALLLLLAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Very cool Unterseeboote! It was exploits of the great capitans that eventually got me into submarines. The Boomers I was stationed on were like cruise liners compared to these boats, but the feeling was much the same, equations had to be balanced out: # dives = # of surfaces, all else was cake!
  6. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

NOBI by the looks of the model so far "potential' is an understatement I think it would be a winning model at any show. It would certainly be one of the few models that would get me to stop building Armor.

Keep trying to convince him to post here I would like to see how this model develops.

Jim Nunn
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Impressed... Very impressed... It's so good! Can't wait to see the model coming out
  8. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

I really like this!
  9. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

That is going to be a show stopper when it gets finished.
  10. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

What a awesome project!

I look forward to your friend's progress as this beauty continues to take shape, NOBI!

11. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hey Nobi

May I suggest some sort of Part Works kit release of that spectacular model?

If section by section was released at a decent (though you should make a happy profit for its work) I would certainly sign up. Something like formers bulkhead, skin, dive planes and props, conning tower maybe finer external points as a last section...

Might make for a small early return on investment of time and expertise....

John John
  12. barry

barry Active Member

A lot more of this please