U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you Gil
    Yr and all members' feed backs are supporting me to do best for this project.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK............ we need a full picture of the hull................ seriously:grin:

Quit teasing us.......... I'm really glad Nobi talked you into posting here. Something would have been missing from my life and I never would have been able to figure it out!:grin:

3. kooklik

kooklik Member

Full hull pictures, hehehe :grin:
    I was so exhausted with hull making for past a few days. After refreshing myself I'll post full hull with screw and rudders for sure.. :-D
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Have you had time to consider releasing it to the public?

John John
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Not yet decide for release , may be afew months from now.
  6. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi there
    Just finshed mocking up screw making. Found many mistakes in design.
    1. First , there's no internal former inside the propeller hub (cone shape). Angular balance between blades is unbalance.
    2. No marks for positioning of housing supports.
    3. Forget propeller housing heading (cone shape in front of the housing)

View attachment 9346

Attached Files:

7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i think we need to found a contact to K master with the GPM FLYMODELS AND SO

8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

9. Clashster

Clashster Member

Kooklik, this looks amazing! If you decide to release it, I will be one who will gladly purchase it! Watching this developed has been wonderful! Thanks for the updates!

10. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you for willing to be my customer. Yr feed back push me be more enjoy to develop and improve my sub.
  11. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

I am following your design as well and would purchase this boat. Excellent work. John
  12. kooklik

kooklik Member

13. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Glad to know the book was a help!

Will you be posting the model online for others to download and build when it is complete?

THANKS -

- RichB -
  14. fimdan

fimdan Member

I was looking at this book online and they seem to have entire series about different types of ships. Do you think the book that YOU HAVE is worth the money for someone who does design? They have two books about aircraft carriers and I would like to buy them.

15. kooklik

kooklik Member

Alot of parts of the ship I can't find them in public websites. Book save me time to find them out. But drawing in book only is not enough , pictures/illus plastic models are all my materials. I need color painting scheme of U-Boats. Does any one know any website?
  16. Maurice

Maurice Member

17. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks Maurice
  18. Maharg

Maharg Member

19. Chas

Chas New Member

A beautiful model kooklik... well done. Really enjoying this thread and looking forward to seeing the boat completed. I think the following site may be of use to you. It is dedicated to the plastic model Revell 1/72 Type VIIC U-Boat and has some very good research info on it:

Click on "Paint" link in the side menu for a pdf on u-boat colors.

Also check in on "News & Research" link for info on the hull flood ports.
  20. Maharg

Maharg Member

Great link Chas, thanks M8. :)