U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah that just might work........... but the scale of it all...........wow.

Makes me wish I had change my 12" clear plexiglass cube I built into a Borg Cube........... I didn't even think of that until now.............geez.

2. eagleone

eagleone Member

paper thickness

What thickness of paper are you useing for your formers and what kind of store did you get it from?
  3. diamondback

diamondback Member

For the 'puter-minded, I've started a new thread for that discussion, please direct comments about cardmodel-inspired PC's to the following link in Extended Mediums.

Rick, I gathered there was a degree of interest, so now I'm trying to correct my initial lapse of judgment in not starting a new thread and nudge this one back onto its original subject.

Still watching the cardmodel development with great interest... This boat's gonna be, what, 6 or 7 feet long when done?
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

I used 1mm paper. I dont know its name in English but this kind of paper mostly use by architecture model building. I found it in a stationery store. It's light but strong enough. Easy to cut by art knife.
  5. eagleone

eagleone Member

Thank you Kooklik for the info. Is their anyone else in the group that can expand on it?
  6. kooklik

kooklik Member

Updated section3. I tried to make Inlet-Outlet Stots on the hull. It's looked good. Joining of section 2 and 3 is better than 1-2. Now she's about 55 cm long.

View attachment 7866
    View attachment 7867

Attached Files:

7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Holy Moly, that's looking dynamite!

8. Clashster

Clashster Member

9. Texman

Texman Guest

I must admit, even without wings, that is looking pretty impressive.

Where do the wings fit?

10. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

11. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi all
    After virus defected and cleaned my comp. U-Boat returns.
    Changing design for joining this section give better result. Hull plate gap is less than before. Now her lenght is 72 cm.

View attachment 8157
    View attachment 8158

Attached Files:

12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Holy cow! Not only is your Rhino work about the best I've ever seen your build is exceptionally clean and precise as well.
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Great as ever! I can't wait to see more
  14. barry

barry Active Member

Quite incredible .........

15. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Superb build. How did you make those inlet/outlet slots?

I will buy this boat, for sure.

16. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for all comments. Rhino works very well in unrolled feature. Most hull plates fit to keels in good positioning and less gap.
    I used art knife to make slots. It's quite hard to cut all piece by piece but good result i get.
  17. Maharg

Maharg Member

An excellent model kooklik, well done m8. :)
  18. Dancooper

Dancooper Member

Astonishing, I wish I could use Rhino, well, I guess I'll have to find some books on that.
    BTW, I once bought a package with hundreds of 3ds objects on it, can Rhino open 3ds ?
    There are some very, very nice models on it, but all are waaaaaay to big for Pepakura with polycounts over 300K.
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Yes it can open .3ds files. But i've never tried it yet.
  20. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have noticed that a lot of people unroll the "meshed" surfaces (which doesn't always work) I have been doing "My Ekranoplan" by running separate curves and connecting them with a straight line, then "Running 2 Rails", I suggested this to Yaniv on his DC3 project but got no feed back. As long as you use a straight line for the cross curve, it will unroll. I did 90% of "My Ekranoplan like that and it is easy. Kooklik, I have to agree, your build on this Sub is absolutely beautiful. I am envious ( in a good way). I look forward to seeing the final project.