U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Thanks for the single archive and pointing out the Excel sheet. That helps a LOT.

2. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Now I get it

You're right - I misunderstood. I seem to be on a run of sticking my foot in my mouth :cry:.

3. hmas

hmas Member

So! your no orphan in doing that:eek:
    In your sig file the seaview tell me more, size, who when how what & where.
    At the moment I'm looking at a 39" f/glass model for $120: $700 if r/c.
  4. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Tony, I wish I could say for sure when. I have several projects to finish up first. The Seaview has ended up on the back burner for a while. I think I started the project two years ago. I obtained a mesh from Luis Ramos Janeiro with his permission to develop it into a paper model, and started working at reducing the poly count and getting it ready, but I also share that project ADD problem and keep getting distracted. I have finally established a priority list, but the seaview is third or fourth on the list so realistically it's probably at least a year away.
    I'll start a thread when it gets going, so keep your digital ears (Dears?) open.

Attached Files:

5. kooklik

kooklik Member

6. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Your Thai customer seems to be doing an excellent job. That hull is nice and straight. Did he build the formers out of foamcore?

Mike :wave:
  7. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Is it possible for this thread to be converted to a PDF and placed in the tutorials section like some other fine threads?

It would be very helpful. Normally I'd do it myself but Acrobat is not cooperating.
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Mike
    I'm not sure that I understand your question correctly.

His former is made of a kind of paper. We can buy at stationary store. This paper is for architect model building. It is made from sugarcane. Light but strong and easy for cutting.

Best Regards
  9. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Foamcore is a layer of fairly dense foam sandwiched between two layers of card. It's available in several thicknesses and colours. It's light and strong and can be easily cut and glued. It's often used for constructing architectural models.

Mike :wave:
  10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Are the Rev pages still available?

Computer crashed and all i have is the CD I recieved...whooops

John John
  11. kooklik

kooklik Member

Please PM me your e-mail. I'll send the patches.
  12. kooklik

kooklik Member

Dear John
    Sorry for lately response. I sent the download link via your PM. Please open it.
    Best Regards
  13. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

is the latest patch available on the web somewhere?

14. kooklik

kooklik Member

Plese see my reply in your PM.
  15. wa6677

wa6677 New Member

Great Model!
  16. stickyFingers

stickyFingers New Member

17. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you wa6677 and stickyfingers.
    Your posts made me think of the days I did the U-Boat.

18. MAC99

MAC99 Member

is the U Boat still for sail How do I pay for it and is it a disk

I have been building paper model for a bout a year now and the whole time looking for a good u boat. and have found one, the best paper model I of any type

19. hemingway

hemingway New Member

20. MAC99

MAC99 Member

Hi Bernhard
    I cked the ones on ecardmodels. Do you know how big the files are the only offer download,are they with all updates