U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jagolden

jagolden Guest

It Arrived!

My disc arrived yesterday. The files are truly works of art.
    Would still like to scale up to 1:35 or 1:32. This might b problematic because I do not want the hull plating split across tiled sheets and I want to print on my own equipment so I have total control of output.
    We'll see.

Next couple of weeks I hope to make the prints on the formers at least.
    Then spend a good amount of time going over the directions that came with the model, thisthread, and the build thread over at the paper modelers forum.
  2. hmas

hmas Member

If you have an A3 printer possible but an A2 or bigger printer will be better.
    Then again if you want the 1/32 boat go fibreglass, stronger waterproof & it has raised rivetts etc for detail!
  3. kooklik

kooklik Member

I have no experience in scaling up. But I think that card board thickness should be thicker to match with the frame slit size.
  4. fcwaj

fcwaj New Member

1/32 in fiberglass? Hate to tell you but those aren't raised detail rivets, they are probably real. My wife is barely tolerating it in 1/72, If i doubled it she would make me stay in the shed. :)
  5. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Yes will increase thicknesses as needed, especially the framing. Will also use additional internal strengthening.

My printer can do A3 size. I am checking for the stock I want to use in that size.
    I could custom order from a commercial printer I work with, we'll see.

I've looked over the pieces of the model. Scaled up it looks like the largest skin will still fit on an 11" x 17". I will just have to print more pages.
    Obviously this size will be expensive, but with the time it will take me to complete, no more than if I worked on several models over the same time period.

Also, I may still do it 1:48.
  6. jagolden

jagolden Guest

I'e read the "wife" comments on this build and the 1:100 Digital Navy Arizona build here on Zealot.
    It surprises me that there'd be so much spousal opposition.

Our condominium is not huge, but it does have ample display space - cathedral ceilings in dining room and bedroom, and a wide stairwell from first to second floor that lends itself to being a "gallery".

The only time I get a raised eyebrow is when I work too long in the living room without cleaning up in between sessions and there's a coating of paper slivers an whatnot on the floor.
  7. kchallen

kchallen New Member

None But the Brave

Well finally did the deed and purchased this model, small amount of panic setting in as I wait for the CD to be delivered

Antisipate the next 5 years being dedicated to the build wife permitting.

Wish me luck

KC :inmew:
  8. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

has any one figured this out yet i too find it confusing

do i need all of the patches a-g or just the final one?

and which for wich kit?
  9. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

im just seeing red right now

i cant begin to explain how extreamly mad i am

i am ready to take a hammer to my pc

vista just ruined my cd

be very carefull with your cd

it seems that they can still be burned
    and vista overwrote the model files

and now i have no model

is there any way to get a replacement cd

or do i get to order another one

i seriously just want to break things right now

i work in it and i have never ever seen what just happened in my whole career

i just give up on this model
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Hermit
    Patch G is the lates version now. Click the links on my signature. Choose which file type you need (.zip or .rar) to get download. They contain all patches since A until G.
  11. hmas

hmas Member

I have an aquaintance who works for Microsoft I will pass it on, for his opinion.
    First please tell us fully, everything you did, were doing, at the time the problem occured, also what you were doing prior to the problem.
    What programs were you running?
    The cd files of the type 7 are 702 mb, there is no space to write or add to the disk.
    Have you restarted the comp & tried to readit & try the disk in another comp first please
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

But again we ask if you can tell us what we need...

John John
  13. hmas

hmas Member

I'm away from my confuser that I downloaded the files to. But I think Kooklik has made a couple of revisions, (all together in this new G file?)
    The best way is to download revision G open the files, see what pages are there.
    Print these for the sub, then open the cd files & print the other files omitting the pages that you printed from the G revision.
    hope this makes sense.
    I have just put in a 20hr day on 3 hrs sleep, another one coming.
    I'm certain Kooklik will tell me off if I'm wrong.
    According to my wife & kids thats all the time :p
  14. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

I receved the disk in good order THANKS! Now my son is asking. . .is it built yet? hahaha
    Ok, do a z scale carrier, which is I believe 1/220. That should fit in every ones' abodes...:cry:
    Thanks again, I followed your thread from the begining and now I have it to build way too cool!
  15. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you Alaimo.
  16. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Purchase + Patches

John, the patches are for the model that this thread is all about - the Type VII U-Boat, which you can purchase (see the link in Kookliks signature).

The patch kit fixes all known problems to date.
    So, you need the purchased CD, and the downloadable patches.

17. jagolden

jagolden Guest

I think JJ knows that. The problem is that we are up to patch H or J. The amount of work just to coordinate which pieces are needed before even thinking about beginning work is a little much. That's considerably beyond normal.
    Clearly a beta build of a colored print was needed before this went to publishing so these problems could be corrected - once.
  18. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Thanks SJ, I was thinking we were discussing patches on the knees of my favourite blue jeans....No idea it was about a Submarine :)

I understand the current of the topic flow but Im getting the impression that you do not understand my request to mostly the designer but open to anyone who thinks they have sorted the situation out.

I understand that there are hiccups and issues with a kit on release, and I congratulate Kooklik for his immediate response and issuing of corrections to his fans/customers. I know of one designer who promised to correct a kit a few of us bought (Actually to add a wing/ sabilizer he had ommitted and 4+ years later no sign of it) so again well done to Kooklik for great customer service

I just dont see a point to multiple patches being listed for the same kit, I think we are up to J today?

If as instucted I download all patches and place the required coloured/weathered/white in each of the 3 model folders I open up and now have some 38+ files for a required kit of 28ish...Ive gone though it and deleted what I think I had to but I wanted a listing or a better setup so that I did not delete Rev H of the same sheet and left Rev C as the one I think is up to date. I think The Hermit Understood my request so I think it is something a few people feel.

Hows about a single patch with everything that was updated (Keep the file names as on the CD and just add REV ??? to the end of the filename so I can do a Sort Icons by filemname and delete anything before the highest Rev , obviously at the moment the amount of correctings is getting close to getting a free kit to anyone who takes the time to downlaod the patches but for the customers I think its a good idea

John John
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi JohnJohn
    The Patch Rev-H , I did not include Rev-A to G together. I thought that all customers might downloaded already. By the way I'll upload Rev-H which included with Rev-A to H.
    Everytime I updated I also record the revision change history to the excel file which is the patch. You may check which pages/parts are changed and copy to your original folder.

Best Regards.
    Fixing Patch Rev-A to H is available please click the link in my signature below.
  20. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hello Kooklik

I still think a single patch would be better, Im too busy to keep downlaoding multiple patches and keep up to date with the situation, not to mention I do not have Excel installed on my PC's.

When I finally get a printer I would like to be able to go to your site, download a single patch of highest rev pages and delete the origionals that came with the CD.

I think it should be that simple....

John John