U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    My next project would be started as new thread soon. It will be a Steam Sub. :mrgreen: hahaha
  2. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Don't laugh! The Royal Navy (of course! :rolleyes:) had 18 K-Class steam -propelled subs built, starting with a 1913 design. Six were lost to accidents and only one was involved in action, with a dud torpedo strike against a U-Boat. They were all scrapped by 1931.
    The world's first steam sub was the 'Ictineo II', launched, under steam, in 1867! It actually made 13 successful dives, one of which lasted 7 1/2 hours.

Mike :wave:
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

4. looker

looker Member

The USN, RN and the Russians all currently use steam propelled submarines.

OK so the heat source is a bit different.:p
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you guys. For steam sub details. Steam power can do many magnificent objects. That's a reason why I do steam locomotive for next project :D
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

just reacive my copy

thank u very mach for this great model kooklik

cant wait to your next project

did u got my cds?
  7. lriera

lriera Member

I have also had my CD. Now I am in other paper projects but I will soon (in a year?) begin the U-Boot build.
    I want to look at your Steam threat soon.
    I am from Barcelona, Spain. Here there is a scale replica of Ictineo at Diagonal Street.
  8. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

CD recieved and all I need is some time to enjoy it...that and I have been looking at my works A0 printer....

I wonder if I.....

Kooklik, Im amazed by your talent, Im not a locomotive model builder but I will be purchasing your next project when it becomes available.

Very happy customer
    John John
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you John. But next project will take as long as U-Boat until become a product.
  10. hmas

hmas Member

Ha another mad one! A 18th scale model 4metres long, will need at least very heavy paper & waterproofing.
    Oh & a damn big trailersign1
  11. hemingway

hemingway New Member

12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Nah Relax I only printed it out on A1, thats about 1/25th scale

Which works out to be about the same size as this fellows model

1:25 scale Type VIIc/41 model - Topic Powered by eve community

whcih is just shorter than my Yamato...which will never get finished...

Oh why do we collect so much and build so little?

John John
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oh man... We're seeing build threads already!!!!! We want to see more, guys!
  14. hmas

hmas Member

Yeah Mylo is over on the subcommittee as well, & has posted a couple of mov. files of the beast floating around a lake.
    here's the part construction blog.
    SubCommittee.com :: View topic - Mylo's 1:25 type VIIc/41 part III

Kooklik a choo choo! & then an IJN I-400? thats going to be almost triple the amount of paper than the type VII used:mrgreen:
  15. hmas

hmas Member

Hi all here is a quick idea of the size a type VII next to a I-400. Yes it is a canoe but it is the correct length for the I400, just 200mm wider however.
    Both to the same scale!
    The IJN I400 was a big sub.

Attached Files:

16. kooklik

kooklik Member

17. hindmost

hindmost New Member

So there is no digital delivery available for the u boat model? I was hoping it would be available for download in pdf or similar format.
  18. kooklik

kooklik Member

I thought about digital delivery. But I still no idea about this. I'll learn more about online business. My wife asked me half of income of each copy for handling them to the post office. :p
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    Some nitoice about the kit's errors from Oldtroll.

Dear Ron

Sorry again for those missing. I replied as below
    May I copy your notice and post to the thread? It's very useful to others.
    Thank you
    Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:56:49 -0500
    Subject: U-boat
    To: kooklik@hotmail.com

Hello Kooklik,

I noticed a few possible typographical errors you may wish to correct on future revisions:
    Page D – reads “90 grms + 1 mm Cardboard” – should it be “70 grms + 1 mm Cardboard”?
    Ans: 70grns is correct. No 90 grms paper used for this kit.
    Page G – reads “70 grms” - should it be “70 grms + 1 mm Cardboard”?
    Ans: Yes, it should be 70grms+1mm cardboard
    Page W – the lower edge of piece 40 was lost when I printed this page on letter size (8-1/2 x 11) paper. I simply inverted the image and printed it again but you might want to move the entire lower left block on this page up a couple mm.
    Page X - reads “90 grms + 1 mm Cardboard” – should it be “70 grms + 1 mm Cardboard”?
    Ans: I tested printing it was OK when printed in A4 or letter sized of paper. Anyway it was too closed to the page frame. I'll shift it up for afew millimeters.
  20. kooklik

kooklik Member

The file is too big to send via digital delivery. Sorry for convenience.