U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

WELL DONE Looking Good, Sir!
  2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great thread! This is coming together very nicely from concept, to design, to the build! Thanks for posting this!

3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i think its a good trade for a PDF filw

what u say ppl :)?
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

Yes, I'll soon release it in PDF when it's completed.
    This may be a very long time project. I spend 3-4 hrs a day to develop it.
    Next month the U-Boat books will be delivered to me. Many unclear points will soon be corrected. Anyway I'll go on my prototype as much as I can do.
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi all
    After corrected some parts of keel. Attached a first plate of this section. It's OK fit to keel exactly. But for the next plate , i did a big mistake. It could not fit at all. :( I have to redesign.
    Anyway I roughly join first and second section. The boat looks longer and bigger.
    View attachment 7326

View attachment 7325

Attached Files:

6. Clashster

Clashster Member

Despite the fit issue, this looks great! I am anticipating the finish of this project with great enthusiasm! Thanks for the update!

7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

cant wait to see this models in the end after coloring

for sure this will be my next model at the moment its reales

great work

just no word

any one know the type model of the israeli DAKAR sub ?

i like to see the dakar model in paper that will be a good memorial for the victems
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi all
    Best wishes to all on Chinese New Year.
    Today I just finished design "Inlet of Main Diving Tank"
    I have to redesign section 3's keels to match with Inlet.
    View attachment 7494

Attached Files:

9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

a nice work like this i not see for long time

i wish my c47 will be like your sub

kip doing a great job my friend
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

This is coming along fine. Thanks for showing the design process. I have Rhino, but am a long way from being able to use it...
  11. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

rhino its not that hard

its complicad yes but not hard

in 2 weeks u can see what i lurn to do (see my c47 post) alots of big thanks to all the mambers forum that help me with ther time and thar tutorial
  12. kooklik

kooklik Member

As Yaniv said it's not so hard. Getting understand the most common using commands and practicing to use them could improve your skill within short time.
  13. kooklik

kooklik Member

Section 3's keel
    After redesigned for Inlet for Main Diving Tank addition. I corrected junction between sections by reduced keel contacts as less as possible to maintain boats shape and less gap at plate junctions.

View attachment 7631
    View attachment 7630

Attached Files:

14. diamondback

diamondback Member

She's a beaut, that's for sure. Y'know, I'm startin' to think that built out of plastic sheet, this model looks like it might be a candidate for R/C conversion...

Or, for the Silent Hunter junkies, maybe a PC case. (You knew it was coming from me sooner or later... ;) )
  15. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

with thid outstanding work

we just need to found a good graphic for cover and send it directly like a torpedo to the big shops (gpm,halinski flymodel...)

16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I'm not sure about the PC case.............I guess you could hide the motherboard in a base..............but for sure it is turning out to be one NICE sub model!

17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

pc case?

any one ever tray it?

its cool to have a case of a sub :)
  18. diamondback

diamondback Member

A mini-ITX or micro board might fit in the boat at current size (if I'm eyeballing its size right), but for a fullsize, I was actually thinking of a sub pen diorama like the dock scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Submarine itself: hard-drives and USB ports in metal container (boat becomes a watertight heatsink). Connections are via the "umbilicals" that would connect to a tied-up U-boat pierside. Maybe mount PSU inside the boat?

Pen: a very large, open-air waterblock with the motherboard and heatpipes to the processor, RAM and PSU underneath. Have to drain to move, though...
  19. rickstef

rickstef Guest

That would be a cool case mod, and a way cool Extended Medium topic

20. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i will wait for this topic for sure

maybe i make my linux computer (p3 833 512 ram 80gb hard drive now its on midi case) for a sub on my desk that will be cool for sure

torpedo hole for usb :) that will be funny

any one know any site of ppl that do stuf like this?