U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Tony
    The monsoon boats (U-178 Type IXD2 and others) operated in Southern of Thailand. But did not so succeed in operations.
    I-400 the big under sea monster is a famous submarine but 6ft in 1/72 is too big for ordinary shelf. sign1

Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----
  2. osmium

osmium New Member

Other types of U-boats

Hey, if you are going to stick to submarines how about some of the other nationalities like the Dutch boats or even going back to WWI and doing WWI boats or the ill fated British K-Boat series. Let me know if you need more info on some of the boats because I have a pdf I could send you if you would like.

3. 57townsman

57townsman Member

If you're taking suggestions, how about some research submarines, Alvin, Trieste, Etc? Reference material may be readily available and they haven't been modeled much.

Otherwise I vote for the I-400 :mrgreen:

4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

See ... this is what kind of scares me. :eek:
  5. fcwaj

fcwaj New Member

How about a large scale conning tower maybe in scale with some readily available plastic or resin figures.----- Shhh! who said that dreaded p-word

Maintaineth thy airspeed lest the ground come up and smite thee.
  6. Gainer

Gainer Member

I-400 is awesome, wouldn't mind one, though Tamiya makes a nice one that i've built
  7. hmas

hmas Member

Tamiya did a too small a scale!
    In 1/72 scale it would be 6' long mine in 1/32 scale will be close on 13'6" & fully working!
    Apart from that, Lindberg is releasing 2 Japanese boats in 1/72 scale in 2008 which will make the type VII in 1/72 look very small :cool:
    Plus a Chinese company Soar has released a I-400 sub in 1/144scale
  8. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

9. hmas

hmas Member

10. shrike

shrike Guest

11. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Wow! They are the company that put out the 1/35 Dora railway gun. Lots of cool stuff on their website. No paper though :cry:

Soar Art Workshop

12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

13. Gainer

Gainer Member

THe Revell GATO class sub ain't small either... 52 inches, dominates my shelves
  14. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Your English is better than our Thai! The wintergarden is the deck where the anti-aircraft guns are.

Will you sell this model as a kit?
  15. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Your English is better than our Thai!
    It is the deck behind the conning tower where the anti-aircraft guns are.
    Are you selling this model kit?
  16. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for your kind explanation, cdavenport.
    Now I'm editing assembly instruction.
    12 pages finished. Still 1-2 pages left.
    and 28-30 pages A4 size for parts.

Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----

Now I'm in Japan , looking for I-400 or IJN submarines books but not found yet.
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

IJN Submarines are not documented to the extent of German ones... Wish you best of luck ^^
  18. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to All
    Long time not update here. But I'm still working on my sub. Just finished assembly instruction and parts pages.

== Summarize ==
    Instruction A4 11 pages
    Drawings A4 3 pages
    Parts A4 29 pages
    Total part number 967 pieces.
    Coloring work now starting.

Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----
  20. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice! Is it going to be a full-vertor document? Or will there be bitmaps? Also just curious if you are going to do a great amount of weathering to the colour...