U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think Kooklik fooled everyone when he built this 1/6 scaled sub and photoshopped the metal scale/bookshelf. =x =p
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nah... Kooklik would never do such a thing as photoshopping, right? ^_^
  3. fcwaj

fcwaj New Member

The Sharkhunters group in Orlando, a group of retired sub guys(German and American I think) Would love to see this. I have a Autographed print of the capture of the 505, signed by Hans Goebler. He was the one who left the main drain valve on the floor instead of tossing it overboard, alowing the Americans to capture the boat. He said he is always impressed by the desire of modelers to make accurate models of his sub.

Frank J
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

*points to model in thread*

Kooklik... I wonder if this is hindsight but ... would it have been a good idea to build this with grey carstock?
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Dear Frank
    I would be so impressed if the retired WWII sub or destroyer crews watch my thread. I always respect for their experience and courage. I have never been close to the real U-Boats. But more than visiting real u-boats , writing to the retired crews is most thing that I dream to do. I would be glad if u can tell me how to contact to them.
    Best Regards

Next updated report pictures
    Radar antena

6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

kooklik its never heppn me befor

but i save a spacial place to this sub on my room befor i start it

7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Yaniv
    Prepare sub-pen (a submarine base). Still more types those i want to make.
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

u have all my walls in my room hahaa

i buy this week a shelf for the sub :)
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Whoo! Neat antenna and great photograph taken! Kooklik you really should write a tutorial of taking photos after this
  10. fcwaj

fcwaj New Member

11. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

WOW! I love this build!

I've always loved papermodels, the clever ways people make a flat sheet of paper or card into the most amazing shapes to form a model is amazing.

Until recently I loved Sci-fi models but only Sci-fi models. My mind was closed to anything else and any non Sci-fi model didn't interest me in the slightest.

However, this thread has totally converted me! I love this model and totally admire the time and patience that has been spent on it. Kooklik, you've done a fantastic job here, keep it.

I hope this model gets the time and patience it deserves by us all when we get to build it for ourselves. I'm curious, you've put alot into this. Is this going to be a free download model or a model to buy?

12. kooklik

kooklik Member

13. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for kind words, skupilkinson.
    I intend to release this model as a commercial kit.

---- Kooklik ----
  14. kooklik

kooklik Member

Very simple to take good close up pic. Take a lot and select the good ones.

Next update:
    Another antenna
  15. paper_dude

paper_dude New Member

Don't know if this has been posted yet (it's a long thread), but there's a HUGE blueprint for a u boat at
    333 U-Boat Original Pictures

keep up the good work!
  16. kooklik

kooklik Member

That's full of big drawings. Thanks a lot for your support ,paper_dude.:mrgreen:
  17. Maharg

Maharg Member

Kooklik, This build gets better each time I look at it. Great work M8.

@paper dude thats an excellent link thanks :thumb:
  18. kooklik

kooklik Member

Closer to the complete ! Now I'm building the main periscope.
    Design mistake confused me last night. wall1
  19. hmas

hmas Member

re 333 U-Boat Original Pictures
    Clicking on the drawings only brings up the fleabay site?
    not an enlargement.
    for more sub info there are 2 sites worth looking at as well, I'm a member of both SubPirates.com - Index page & The SubCommittee both have a large reference sections.
  20. Gainer

Gainer Member

Lookin good kooklik!!! :) :thumb: