U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello there
    Today I start to build 3.7 cm Flak. Small parts make my eyes and hands tired. It's not finished yet. But i think i can finish it without canceling some details.

2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

dont shot dont shot :)
  3. kooklik

kooklik Member

no ammo loaded yet sign1
  4. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

How on earth did you manage to cut out that tiny hand wheel. Simply stunning work Kooklik !!
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks to Mark.
    More updated. I just finished shield plate.

6. Padre

Padre Guest

I would really like to build this, but your skill would make mine look like a sub that was depth charged and crushed by sinking too deep!

I want to build it anyway!

Your skills of design and build is awesome!!!! Keep it up.
  7. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Wonderful work. It is amazing what you have acomplished so far. The level of detail & workmanship is outstanding.
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

I repeat watching some scenes from "DAS BOOT". The film inspired me to build this. The scene "Servive from Dept Charge" is the most I repeat.
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    Finished 3.7 cm Flak unit. One of hard section. Spent 2 days for assembly.

10. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

really nice work!
  11. kooklik

kooklik Member

Full hull view with showcase lighting.
  12. kooklik

kooklik Member

Next section AA 2.0 cm. The smallest parts of this kit. Just finished pattern detailing. ready to be unrolled.
  13. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Dear Lord...just too bloody nice to be real, and in all likelyhood well beyond my modest abilities to build.
  14. gippolot

gippolot Member

Agreed kooklik, that scene was certainly memorable. Courageous, or suicidal, your guess, but it certainly left an impression in my mind. I'm guessing the captain knew what the sub was capable of.

Brilliant movie. Brilliant model. Padre said what I feel.

15. kooklik

kooklik Member

U-boat crews watched their depth gauge after blowing compress air to saddle tanks. Watching the guage's hand pointing to dead or alive......

When i get a hard point with kit designing. I take relax by watching this film.
  16. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to there
    I started first 2.0 cm AA Guns unit. Smaller parts but less part quantity than 3.7 cm.

Started from gun base

Next is barrels. Barrels are too small for making by paper rolling. So I selected copper wire (same size as rails) for gun barrels.

And guns body and recoils cylinders.

Ready to mount with gun base

Completed !!

Place on deck
  17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice, I have some success with using cigarette rolling paper for very small cylinders, but wire is what I mostly use as well. The gun base is very impressive. How did you do the bolt heads?
  18. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Rick

For bolts i used art knife

--- Regards ---
  19. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Damn...they can't be much bigger than a millimetre in diameter, and you managed that with a knife? My hat is off to you and I stand in utter awe and amazement. jawdrop
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That gun is truly spectacular! It's a stunning build all on it's own, let alone the ship itself!:cool:
    I have been in awe since the beginning of this ship and you just never cease to amaze me, Kooklik!

Simply stupendous work!:thumb: