U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

10-15 pages is a lot... Amazed once more...
  2. Padre

Padre Guest

Not really, for the quality of the model that is not that many.
  3. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I am completely blown away by this whole thread. Every image raises the bar higher. After this and the POTW helicopter thread, I feel like hanging it up and finding a different hobby. Or at least it makes me see what kind of magic can be accomplished with paper, talent and patience. This is truly inspirational stuff.

Add me to your list of people who will be buying this model. WOW!
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow!!! The only thing that popped in my head while looking at those pictures was "How Beautiful" that structure is!
    Even though there is no color, there is a ton of character! Beautiful, I tell you, just beautiful!:-D

I love that hatch! You are one heck of a designer and builder!
    Very impressive model, K!!!8)

6. Maharg

Maharg Member

Here's more energy kooklik, :) This is one of the best builds I have seen.
    IMHO you could build this design from any material. I can't wait to try it myself. :)
  7. gippolot

gippolot Member

ibid for me Russell, this model would look fantastic just in white card with black highlighting.

For your information Kooklik, I've learnt more about the construction of these boats than I had really thought about before.:) :) :) The pictures you've taken of your model are just so enlightening.

More energy to you.

8. Padre

Padre Guest

Every one talks about your design, which is the best I have seen.............but, your building skills are just as amazing!! :) That is one clean, well build model! :yep:
  9. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

Will you ever offer this as a kit? I would definitely buy it! I'm really itching to build this one!
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for your interesting in my model. Yes, I will release as a kit after debugging and coloring.

Best Regards
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The conning tower hatch looked so real I thought I would take my shoes off before I entered for sure!!
  12. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

There is not much to add wow, just wow. Please can we try to color? Do we get to buy first?
    amazing! I am awful absolutly awful compared to you. I am putting my kit away for awhile. Just can't compare to you. Wow!
  13. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Add me too to your list of people who will be buying this model...

I'm wondering how beautiful is it growing your model :)
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Put me on that list also. Your work has became so good that every time I see this thread updated I always check it;) .
  15. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Does anyone know if this model will be offered online any time in the future?
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would be happy with just that cutaway poster :) This is gonna be a beauty!
  17. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Rich and all

This Beta is more than 80% complete. There's still have many things to do. Debugging and Assembly instruction making. Even B/W version may take 1-2 months from now. I have no experience in paper model design so the kit still have alot of bugs. I intend to issue the kit carefully so it may take long time.
    And thanks to all who wants to purchase my first design kit. I'll do it best worth for your waiting.
    Best Regards
  18. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

May I suggest some kind of stepped release?

A large kit released as 2 or 3 sections would kick off the receipt of money sooner...

Also give us decent time to start the build..

But Ill wait patiently however you release it

John John
  19. Paperart

Paperart New Member

Take your time Kooklik, the last thing we want is a rushed released of a fantastic model with many bugs. I know people would rather wait for you to debug it and make it perfect than release a really buggy and non-fitting model.
  20. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi there
    Updated progression on control tower.
    more 2 equipments added control room periscope and UZO binoculars. The parts are going smaller and smaller but still buildable without microscope. :grin:

View attachment 12237