U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

---- K ----

I have been watching your reports since the beginning and have two thoughts my first is that you told us a little white lie that this is your first design. My second thought is if this is his FIRST design what will Kooklik come up with for his second model.

This is defiantly a commercial quality model and from what I can see of the construction method the model is very well thought out.

One magnificent model!

Jim Nunn
  2. Maharg

Maharg Member

Excellent modelling kooklik. :)
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The superstructures' going to be spectacular~~~
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all :)

Thanks for all recommendations those make me fill more energy to this project. A lot of supports from NOBI make me more careful in design and build. We must give thanks to him.

Best Regards
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i will pay full price just for test built hahahaha
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes man ... this as a first design is amazing. Somewhere Halinski and GPM guys are either cursing your existance in creating a better product or drooling to pickup someone that can design at this level.
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    Some progressions for control tower designing.
    Added another periscope , rounded wintergarden,changed spray protector's shape and more..

Best Regards

View attachment 11317
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

This just keeps geting better!
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Are you doing the drawings yourself, They are excellent.
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

I use Rhino's "Make2D Drawing" to create these drawings.

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You might as well build this from tin at 1:1... :D
  12. Rev

Rev Member

I thought that paper was a better building material. Can you explain why you think tin would be a better material?
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

he wants to scale it up to 1:1/life size, and tin wouldn't weigh as much, plus then he can say, he joined the tin can navy :-D
  14. Rev

Rev Member

oh, 1:1

I wouldn't mind being in the tin navy. But, I definitely want to build this sub and be in the paper navy.
  15. damraska

damraska Member

What I want to know is, will it come with working torpedos? You see, there are these cats that come onto my property...

16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Harpoons would likely be a better option, that or the V2 that was supposed to be towed across the pond and sealaunched at targets on the North American east coast.

ARMORMAN Guest

...at least it wouldn't be....sub-par ;)
  18. Rev

Rev Member

kooklik please post more

Please post more build thread. I am hooked, I am really enjoying seeing this sub come together.
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi there :)
    Design progression report
    Just finished wintergarden floor pattern drawing. And fitting with AA guns.

View attachment 11410
  20. Padre

Padre Guest

Has any thread ever had more views, 18,661:???: , than this one? Keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished!!:-D