U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rev

Rev Member

Incedible job!
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That is nice. A very clean build.
  3. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Stev
    This is my first designing model. I don't have previous work. I've short learnt about painting program. I am just a painting beginner.
    I saw your paint works. They were wheatering added,very nice looking. I'm not sure if i can do as well as you. Hope to learn some painting technics from you when coloring work starts.
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

5. hindmost

hindmost New Member

Very nice, your attention to detail continues to impress.
  6. jparenti

jparenti Member

That snorkel detail was just too much to believe! You're putting plastic models to shame. ;) I continue to be impressed by this model every time I check this thread. I will definitely be on the waiting list for this one. :)
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thanks. :D

Since you have already tackled the hard part. The 2D portion should only be icing on an already tasty cake.
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for your suggestion ,Stev.
    After I complete white modeling and debug some points. I may need volunteers for coloring.
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    I did a big mistake in design. There was a crash of parts when cylinder moved. I did not check movement of each part well. I found when trying assembly. So I corrected design to avoid crash. See in attached figures.
    And changed float ball shape from tube to be sphere.

View attachment 10751

View attachment 10750

Sphere shape Floating Ball Valve
    View attachment 10752
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice work on the mechanism! (Does it really moves?!) Kooklik, how are you going to design the sphere shape? It looks quite small to me.
  11. kooklik

kooklik Member

Nezard I try to make it really movable. For sphere I'll use a ball at the needle tip. Its size is closed to the real one in 1/72 scale.

Here is my secret weapon:grin:
    View attachment 10753
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice idea! So... it's not purely paper?:D Never mind, still looks great anyway~
  13. kooklik

kooklik Member

I don't strict to purely paper. There's no rules. If it looks beautiful apply more any ideas. :grin:
  14. hindmost

hindmost New Member

I can only imagine what it felt like when that ball valve slammed shut from a high wave and those huge diesels tried to suck the sir out of the boat. Painful!
  15. kooklik

kooklik Member

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that's an engineering marvel!

Superb workmanship! Just beautiful!

17. barry

barry Active Member

just keeps getting better and better
  18. Rev

Rev Member

please, please, please

You gotta make this available. Please.
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Movable parts are always an eye-catcher!!

ARMORMAN Guest

a true work of art!