U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale (continue)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Jun 23, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Dear All
    There's a problem on the old thread of U-Boat. After the admin team fixed I'll continue to post to the old U-Boat thread.
    Thanks to admin team for working hard on site changing. They seem to work hard to debug hour by hour. Keep on good jobs , i'll stick with you.

Best Regards
    Today's report
    I finished all rails working.

2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Well, Kooklik, the new thread looks just as great as the old one! As always, awesome
  3. Maharg

Maharg Member

This is a beautiful model kooklik.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Those have to be some of the best rails I have seen so far!
    Way to go Kooklik!:thumb:
    You are an extremely talented individual!
    I can't wait to see you throw some colors at this beauty!

5. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

This just amazing. Sends chills down my spine every time I see it. Good Job!!!

6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Please can I have one now? I want, I want, I want. Sorry about that, getting more excited the more times I look.
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks paulhbell. I'll let you know when the kit is available.
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi there ,
    Some of our member asked me how did I build the small parabola shape of Life Raft Containers. Today I built more 4 sets for AA platforms.

I'll explain in step by step.

1. For Press jig , I use a ball-pen press to back side of the part.

2. Strong press serveral times until the part shape becomes parabola. Then paint inside with glue. Hold the shape until glue dry.

3. Assembly remaining parts. Complete !!

Hope this method can be useful for building smaller or bigger parabola parts.

Attached Files:

9. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

I do the same thing. The difference is that for small parts and even larger ones with shallow sides I don't cut the slots. They turn out great.
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

Great !!
    B-Manic I tried it out. Small wrinkles appears around the center but more beautiful than slots.
    Thanks for advise.
    Best Regards
    Next step
    Flak 3.7 cm. Added small details.

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ooooh, that looks like a stand alone model already!
    This is going to be great!

12. Padre

Padre Guest

kooklik is ONLY a Junior Member? With the above design and build I nominate kooklik for Grand Pooba!!!announce1 Or whatever some of the top rankings are.:thumb:

13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It's the little things that make a model look good~ I'm waiting to see the flak gun assembled...
  14. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

The model looks so perfect it almost makes you believe that there actually was a "ghost" sub in the Kriegsmarine!:goldcup:

Masterful work kooklik!

N and Z scale Old West paper models at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  15. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

I want to still buy the kit, but it would be nice to share it for free....:wave:
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Perhaps if you use a slightly thinner card your shaping method would be easier, or introduce some moisture into the medium with perhaps a less stronger and watered down white glue. After shaping the glue would harden to retain the shape and the moisture would have allowed the medium to shape by stretching.
  17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

It's been a bit quiet on here, any updates on the build.
  18. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi to all
    I'm still ok. But very busy with my office work. I'll return in next month.:mrgreen:
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

As long as you are still here! I gotta see this thing when its done!
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

See it? I want to do a little more than just, see it!:twisted:

I've never been interested in building a sub until kooklik came along with this beauty! This thing is just awesome, especially the wire work!
    And even without colors!?! Totally brilliant!:cool:

I sure hope you get a little time for your hobbies soon, kooklik. No one should have to work so hard that they don't.:cry: