U-25 B from American Models "S" scale

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Greg Elems, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

2. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

If those are anything like the Trainmaster they came out with, they'll be a sweet running machine.

3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

American Models has finally posted the news of their U-25B on their web page. They are supposed to be delivered in the next week or so from what I hear.
    Not a bad looking model, but not up to their earlier diesels IMHO. It shouldn’t take much to put Kadee’s and fill the hole in the pilot.

4. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

A view of the whole engine on the firemans side.

5. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Another view looking down. Some nice detail but some glarring holes too. Nothing a bit of styrene, paint and Kadee couplers won't help. :D

6. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Hi Greg, thanks for the photos and info.
    It is a nice model but unfortunatley not used
    by the railroad I'm modeling. I like the small
    details like the wipers and tread plate on the walkways.
    Details like that, "turn it up a notch"!
    I hope Ron comes out with a GP38-2 or even the
    SD40-2 or the Alco/MLW C424..... or the.......
  7. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

SuperSport what road do you model? I model the WP but SP was next to WP for a good portion of their right of ways. I figured I would use the SP for a transfer unit and have it appear on the layout with a train from staging. WP didn't have GP-38's but GP-40's sure would be nice, as would some U23B's or U30B's. Some BN C425's would fit in nice too.

8. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Greg, I model Canadian National and VIA Rail (1980~ 199?)
    I would like to cast some detail parts I am making but need more info on how to go about it.
    I like your photos they are nice and crisp! send more of your S scale models.
    I think S scale has made a jump in quality and quantity in the last 6 to 8 years.
    thanks for all the info.

9. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

If you don’t mind sending off an original, I have a friend that might be convinced to make rubber molds and cast up the urethane parts. Just a thought. If you like, private message me and we can exchange e mail addresses.

>I like your photos they are nice and crisp!

Thanks Joe, the wife bought a good digital camera. I will post some more S equipment shots, as they get taken. Most of my S equipment is in storage, but with these new engines, that will change.

S scale of today isn’t the AF trains of the 50’s that’s for sure. I was invited to an operating session on an HO layout last night and I really appreciate the size of S.

10. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Well after an afternoon of chasing springs, I finaly got the Kadee couplers mounted on my U25B. Now I can start measuring the hole for the filler plastic.

Attached Files: