Tyson Coming Home

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mooney, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Mooney

Mooney New Member

As I'm sure a lot of you may know by now .. Tyson (Mike) is expected to come home from the hospital today .. probably late this after noon. His son will be going after him sometime around 1:00 PM .. Mike will be traveling daily for chemotherapy and will have a long journey ahead of him to hopeful recovery. He has begun a new chapter in his life and will need all the support of those from the gauge. Mike is so thankful for the phone calls (more than you know). My hat is off to the many people of the gauge and the bond that has been established among friends who share a wonderful hobby. Thank you for your support of my friend Tyson in his time of need .. frienship, compassion and caring.

Thank you,

Mooney (Carol Melanson) :D :D :D ;)
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Thats good to hear.
    I feal we here at the Gaug as one big family. To lose a member would be like losing part of the family.
  3. marty w.

marty w. Member

Excellent news!!!!
    Thanks for the update.
  4. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Tell Tyson we're all pulling for him; and, now that he's coming back, he can join the ever-growing fellowship of those of us who have had health "experiences" and survived to tell of them. There's more of us out there than you would realize, until you start hearing from them.
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Thank you Carol, for taking care of our friend! :D :D :D The phone calls to Mike are our pleasure. I cherish the time he spent with me on the phone. Better not give out your home number Mike!
  6. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

all the above. Carol, Mike is a valuble asset in this community and like everything of value, people tend to treasure their time with it. Many of us who are rather new to the Gauge feel as strongly about the friendship that we have built up with the members here as the older ones.

Tell Mike that we look forward to hearing from him again on the Gauge - when he is ready. His health comes first.

Thank you for your updates. Let us hear more about what you are doing also.
  7. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Thanks for keeping us informed Mooney, that's the best news I've heard in months!
    David took the words out of my mouth which tells you how we feel about the membership in here.

Now then, if the medi guys says Mike is to refrain from talking too much for a while, just tell Mike that typing to The Gauge satisfies that requirement .. :) :) .

I haven't said anything in response to your threads till now, but I've been pulling for him in silence. Looks like all our pulling has achieved something and let's hear it for the medi guys in the Hospital.

In a couple of hours Mike will be home ....

WELCOME HOME MIKE , you scared the hell out of us!! (Don't do it again!!!! :) :D :D )

8. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

That is great news Mooney :) :) Tyson we are all pulling for you
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

And 1000's of little plastic people belonging to gaugers around the globe yell, "hip hip HOORAY! hip hip HOORAY hip hip HOOOOOORRRAAAAAAAY!!!!

I hearby declare this day, the first day of 2003 that all gaugers are free to move about, "Be nice to Little Plastic People Day!" :D :D :D I think I'd better double up on my meds now...
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hello Mike, hope you can read this soon, Get well soon my friend, I would like to see you back and on full steam in the not too distant future.
    God Bless

11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Hearing it!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Can't wait to hear from the man himself!!

:D :D :D WELCOME HOME!! :D :D :D
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

As everyone has said this is very good news! Mike, I hope you'll be reading this thread very soon, and back with us in person again. We've all missed you and we're continuing to pull for you, friend. And if you add up all the motive power we Gaugers have - that's a lot of pulling!

:D Val
  13. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Let me add my thanks to you for stepping up and keeping us informed of Mike's progress. We're all glad he had a guardian angel looking after him.

Good to hear you're going to be home. Take care, and rest. If you don't get on the gauge every day we'll understand.
  14. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Great news.
    Welcome Home.