Typical card model scales?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by RCB, Jul 22, 2009.

1. RCB

RCB New Member

Are there typical card model scales? I have seen that a lot of people model in 1/32 and of course you can scale models to your tastes, but just curious.
  2. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

People think I'm weird (they're probably right), but I work in the small to "Braille" scales. Usually 1/72, but sometimes 1/160 and 1/288. I just finished a small diorama of the Ba-349 "Natter" on it's telephone pole launch pad in 1/160. Not really all that good as my hands are still recovering from being broken this spring.
    Anyway, small is a challange, takes up less space, and are always a "wow" factor when my friends see them.

Cut well,

1/32 , 1/48, and 1/72 are the common scales for plastic aircraft models, for European card models 1/33, 1/50, and 1/100 are also common.
    For armor and autos 1/18, 1/25, 1/35, and 1/72 are all common.
    Ship scales are 1/200 & 1/250, boats a submarines are sometimes 1/72.
  4. RCB

RCB New Member

Good to know. I knew about plastic models, but wasn't sure what the common scales were for card modeling.
  5. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Digital card models (print yourself) can be whatever scale you desire. You can reduce or enlarge the print to standardize the scale of several different models (I usually use 1:200 for rockets, 1:48 for satellites, not much tinkering with airplane scales). Scale depends on intended use - display, handling, or launching.