Type VII German U-Boat - Looking for

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by RichBohlman, Sep 29, 2004.

1. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Looking for a detailed model of the type VII German U-Boat in the U-47 style. Thanks!
  2. barry

barry Active Member

3. RichBohlman

I checked out the site. Is that a type VII boat the builder is working on? I tried the links BUT was unable to find a vendor URL for the model. HELP!
  4. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

the reference mentioned.....

fly model #128, scale 1:100.
  5. RichBohlman

Re: the reference mentioned.....

Where can I find the Web Site for Fly Models? Thanks for the Newbie help! :oops:
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

go to www.gomixmodel.pl

more than likely the North American dealers have that boat in stock

7. Darwin

Darwin Member

Try www.lighthousemodelart.com or www.hobbyfactory.com. Possibly even www.papermodels.net (look in the "specials" section). JSC also has some kits that include Type VII Uboats, but they are 1:400 waterline models, which may be a bit small for your tastes. As a last resort, keep a close check on Ebay.....never can tell what might crop up there.

As a postscript....I just checked, and both lighthouse modelart and PMI have the Flymodel kit in stock....and you get both a type VIIC and a type IX model in one low-cost kit. What a bargain.
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

9. tino

tino Member

Try this:
    www.e-papermodels.com, go to ships then go to submarines and see what they have and the Fly model kit is there.
  10. RichBohlman

MANY THANKS! Found the type VII U-Boat I was looking for! :D
  11. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Rich

Glad to see you got what you wanted, problem is you know your going to have to do a thread with this now :lol:

It would err no, it will be great to see one of these done. I've only done one and it looked like a destroyer had chucked everything it had at it :lol:

Thinking of myself I would love to see this done

12. RichBohlman

I'm going to order it soon! I would be happy to do a thread on the type VII U-Boat as I build it. I'm working on a plastic R/C type VII U-Boat model right now which will be over five foot long when completed. :)