Type 39/40 Tradis.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Hi all, I'm out of ink for my printer and out of money to buy ink. So my next build is gonna be a resin kit of the Tardis from "Dr. Who". I've settled on Tom Baker's 4th Doctor's Tardis. A Type 39/40 Tardis with it's chameleon circuit stuck as a 1960's British Police call box.

I know this is a card model forum but I'll make an album of build pics on my member page.
20121013_162820.jpg
Thanks

Z

Zathros

Best place for ink is www.inkproducts.com They get their ink from the O.E.M. suppliers in Massachusetts who get it from DuPont. Their prices are incredible. You will be more than impressed. High quality ink at inexpensive prices, and friendly service and people you can actually talk too!! :)

LeeSCo

Paper hollywood has a link to a sit with Tardis interiors from the 70's and 80's.All you would need would be a Time Lord to show you how to fit it inside.David Tennant or MAtt Smith tardis interior as a card model,now there's a challange.

micahrogers

Staff member
It's is currently primed and first sanded, will take pics tomorrow and post. Night work tonight so will post again latter.

micahrogers

Staff member
Just posted more pics to the album on my member page. Wet sanded and reprimed, the beacon is ready for clearcoat.

micahrogers

Staff member
Pics posted today. Final prime and pre-shaded. coming along nicely.

micahrogers

Staff member
it's Blue :)

:mrgreen:

new pic added to the album, base coat blue is sprayed and the pre shading really shows through.

too cold to paint more as it has clouded up here :-(

micahrogers

Staff member
it's blue'er :p

More progress pics posted to the album on my member page. Second color coat and first post shading.

micahrogers

Staff member
double post today, more painting photos taken and posted to my album. It has it's first highlights airbrushed on, next will be to blend them all together with a mist of the base blue.

Thanks

micahrogers

Staff member
Final blue?

Is this the final blue? I thought so but...

Anywho... Progress pics added to my album on my member page.

If you would be kind enough to look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Thanks
:thumb:

micahrogers

Staff member
and a month later...

Hi again finally had enough warm weather to get out the paints again. Got the decals on and now all it needs is the handle and the clear coats. With luck I might get is done today .
here is one shot of it taken indoors with flash so the colors washed out.

20130113_195756.jpg

I will post more pics in the album.
Thanks

micahrogers

Staff member
Finally

Finally have the Tardis itself finished. Now I just have to build the base and finish it. thinking about making some paper model dressing.

20130120_111017.jpg

I'll put the other pics in the album on my member page.
Thanks.

Bhelliom

Nice. As I lookied at the picture, I thought "if he blocked the view of the base just so, and changed the angle of the picture slightly, I'd think the real thing had just landed in his back yard"!

Scott K.