TY Scale!!!???!!!???

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Don't come into this thread too oft., but I didn't know where else to go with this, and I HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!!!!!

Tiny Trains

Check out that double dog-bone layout: everyones dream.

Bet everyone at that company looks like the folks in The Jerk (Steve Martin 70's flick), you know at the end of the movie, when everyone went crosseyed.

:D :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Jon,

I just gotta ask, what about scale people? A six foot guy at that scale works out to be .08 inches and a dog about the size of a fly speck. I guess at that scale, details don't count.

D:cool: N

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Man,
That IS small!
And here I am trying to build a PORTABLE layout!!:rolleyes: :D

Here's a thought...
Wonder if you could incorporate one of those as a garden RR in say, an O scale layout?

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Charlie, that reminds me of this thread: REAL model railroader The layout within the layout; and my long response to it. I was accused of having too much time on my hands, but I just cut and pasted most of it :)

EZ: I guess you could go ahead and just use insects. At least for the animals. Talk about automation! Fido, fido, damned 6 legged dawg never comes when you call him.

MagicMan_841

May 10, 2003
Quebec City, Qc
www23.brinkster.com
Pretty neat stuff, but you seen the pricing of that kinda stuff???:eek: I think I'll stick to N, lol:D :D :D

must be frustrating to send the whole train across the room and look for it for hours. I'd rather loose a few more MT springs :D :D :D

Oh and did anybody saw the "N Scale amusement park train" thing?? It's about halfway down the page. You see N scale people sitting on some cars. hehe.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
I think it is a cute gift for an executive to keep on his desk, But I'll stick to trains that run on tracks with real wheels.

Those are a novelty for sure.

The only way I would want one is to put it on my HO layout as one of those 1/4 scale live steamer trains that you ride on. Put some HO LPBs riding on the thing. For that use I think it would be real cool.

Or use it in an amusement park as a ride, like a haunted house ride or a kiddie train ride.

You could create the illusion of distance by having small trains running in the background/distance, like they do at Knotts Berry Farm with there buildings that get smaller as they go up the side of a slope creating the efect that it is farther than it realy is.

I'm more interested in how they make the mechanism that makes the trains run around a dog bone or the boot shaped track.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A neat find Jon. I wonder how those locos are powered or do they just move by vibration. Would be fun to have one but I can think of a lot of other stuff I need first.
I did see something like this where a guy at a trains show had a layout in a briefcase.

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Originally posted by Matthyro

I did see something like this where a guy at a trains show had a layout in a briefcase.
Do you mean the Barvarian briefcase layout in Z scale? I don't know how I could afford it, not @ $900! And the battery needed to power the thing isn't even included! :eek:

I think I'll stick with N thank you. :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
There is guy on the DIY network that has a show on RC hobbies. He was doing a show on DCC a few days ago and had one of those on his show. They appear to be for the executive that has just about everything and doesn't want to screw up his manacure getting the rest.:rolleyes:

Don

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by jon-monon
Charlie, that reminds me of this thread: REAL model railroader The layout within the layout; and my long response to it. I was accused of having too much time on my hands, but I just cut and pasted most of it :)

I just finished reading your post and yes Jon, you had Waaaay too much time on your hands. Somewhere in your family tree is the guy who wrote "Who's on First" and the guy who wrote the dialogue for Hal in "2001, A Space Odessy". The "fake" model railroaders have been advising me on just what to do about this.:p

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Originally posted by ezdays
There is guy on the DIY network that has a show on RC hobbies. He was doing a show on DCC a few days ago and had one of those on his show. They appear to be for the executive that has just about everything and doesn't want to screw up his manacure getting the rest.:rolleyes:

Don
Yeah, I saw that too.