Two new pictures

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
I'm almost done with the long wood trestle. You might recall from the last photos I posted that this bridge was not there.

I tried to work with the tints of the photos. I guess this is something I'm still having to get used to. I'm a newbie at taking photos of this quality and am still messing around with it. With practice comes progress....

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Haven't worked it out....

I haven't worked out how to do it in my photo software yet, but can someone replace the background of Uteram's pic with snowy rocky peaks? I reckon that would look just the bee's knees! :cool:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Uteram, very nice modelling, I love the trees also.
Woodie suggested removing the background and adding snow, I can do that or something else if you wish, here's a couple I did myself in H0.

Attachments

• cutouts.jpg
    cutouts.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 98

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Thanks all for your kind words.

To answer some of your questions...

The trees are homemade using balsa for the trunks and caspia for the branches. I then spray the branches with Testor's medium green and sprinkle WS Earth Turf all over to create a dusty, natural look that takes away any shine.

Yes, that is the Bachmann Shay. I have both the MDC RTR Shay and Bachmann Shay and without a doubt, the Bachmann Shay is head and shoulders above the MDC Shay. It looks better, has more details, and probably the biggest reason, the MDC is VERY noisy.

I don't mind at all if you "doctor" the photos. I need all the help I can get! I'm still getting the lighting down, and haven't quite mastered my photo editor software.