Two new pictures

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Uteram, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Uteram

Uteram Member

I'm almost done with the long wood trestle. You might recall from the last photos I posted that this bridge was not there.

I tried to work with the tints of the photos. I guess this is something I'm still having to get used to. I'm a newbie at taking photos of this quality and am still messing around with it. With practice comes progress....
  2. Uteram

Uteram Member

Sorry, I forgot to attach the photos :mad:
  3. Uteram

Uteram Member

Attaching anything to this board sure is tempermental!

Attached Files:

• 1333.jpg
      File size:
      77.7 KB
  4. Uteram

Uteram Member

Attached Files:

• 1361.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
  5. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Wow! You sure work fast! Looks great!

Is that the Bachmann Shay? I was looking at some MDC kits on another site and was wondering how they compared to the Bachmann...

6. Uteram

Uteram Member

Attached Files:

7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I really like your tall pines!
    Did you make those yourself?
  8. jimnrose

jimnrose Member

Real nice work; thanks for sharing. Jim
  9. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Fabulous work, Uteram. :cool: Considering the era, It looks like it was built yesterday! :D
  10. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Excellent rock work, and terrific trees.....
  11. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Just thought I'd do a "what I did last time" to the pic, Uteram. Hope you don't mind. Is this version closer to the actual colours?

Attached Files:

12. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Haven't worked it out....

I haven't worked out how to do it in my photo software yet, but can someone replace the background of Uteram's pic with snowy rocky peaks? I reckon that would look just the bee's knees! :cool:
  13. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

first attempt

Well, It's a first attempt.... so not so good.

It's the thought that counts, so they say.:)

Attached Files:

14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Uteram, very nice modelling, I love the trees also.
    Woodie suggested removing the background and adding snow, I can do that or something else if you wish, here's a couple I did myself in H0.

Attached Files:

15. Uteram

Uteram Member

Thanks all for your kind words.

To answer some of your questions...

The trees are homemade using balsa for the trunks and caspia for the branches. I then spray the branches with Testor's medium green and sprinkle WS Earth Turf all over to create a dusty, natural look that takes away any shine.

Yes, that is the Bachmann Shay. I have both the MDC RTR Shay and Bachmann Shay and without a doubt, the Bachmann Shay is head and shoulders above the MDC Shay. It looks better, has more details, and probably the biggest reason, the MDC is VERY noisy.

I don't mind at all if you "doctor" the photos. I need all the help I can get! I'm still getting the lighting down, and haven't quite mastered my photo editor software.