Two new challenges...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
...are posted here in the Contest Forum. We haven't finalized them yet, but I don't want someone that would enter to overlook them either. One is geared towards those that like to kitbash or scratchbuild, the other is geared towards anyone that likes to build structures from kits.

Take a look and see if either one is something you'd like to try then let me know, or if you think they're way off-base, let me know that as well. I'm looking for feedback right now... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, it doesn't seem like either of these challenges are getting enough interest to even think about starting. Let's do this, if we don't get at least a few more people to say they're interested within a few more days, we'll not start these challenges, or possibly wait for a more appropriate time.

If we do not do these now, I'd like some suggestions for one or two that might be of more interest. Preferably one that is relatively easy to get into, and one that might be a bit more challenging for the more seasoned modeler. Let's hear your suggestions on some new ones, or what can we do to make these two attract more people to enter.

Right now I'm at a loss as to why neither of these challenges are not attracting more people. Are they too difficult? Way off base? Not hard enough? Have people stopped modeling this time of the year? Or what????:D :D :D :D Please, give me and Mikey some clues so we know where to go from here....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I'm nowhere near being a kitbasher but I do have a pile of unbuilt structures sitting under the layout waiting... like everything else. I guess I was just assuming that the contest woud go on as usual and when it did, I would think about entering something. If your looking for commitment, I'll pick one and commit but it just did not seem to me that anyone else would be interested in seeing me build a model out of a box. I guess there are those that may get something out of it as I paint and weather them and add my own touches as I hate seeing a building with no paint and in a shiny plastic finish. Dunno.... just my thoughts.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
I'm not a kitbasher...yet....I do have several unbuilt structures but with the house renovation going on and the dust from that floating around I'm not sue I want to start building those yet:( . Give me a couple of months:thumb: .

I got some challenges for you though......WEG:D .....how about one for who can come up with the best track plan for me or donate the most code 100 NS track and switchessign1 sign1 !!!

No?????:cry: Didn't think sosign1 bounce7 .

Rick

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
How about a challenge where builders must build an out of the box kit and may use only the parts in that kit, no adding or kitbashing. The bulders may add scenic detail such as weathering and trees etc. Maybe allow vehicles with the same stiuplations....Just a thought.....could be good for veterans and new bulders alike....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
scubadude said:
How about a challenge where builders must build an out of the box kit and may use only the parts in that kit, no adding or kitbashing. The bulders may add scenic detail such as weathering and trees etc. Maybe allow vehicles with the same stiuplations....Just a thought.....could be good for veterans and new bulders alike....
Yeah, I kinda like that. It gives a bit more creativity to challenge #2. It's worth a thought, anyone else have any other ideas, or anyone else like this one for the kit-building challenge better than the other one?

Southern4449

Aug 3, 2006
scubadude said:

I would enter if it were like that.. Good idea