Two more Marek re-paints by Sergey

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
Now let's see if I can get an image or two loaded. Tried a little while ago but was stopped by the Bill Gates blue screen

DeWayne

Attachments

• 133-RP-Pfalz D-III-33-04.jpg
    133-RP-Pfalz D-III-33-04.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 133-RP-mos-a1-02.jpg
    133-RP-mos-a1-02.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 152

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
Dewayne I understand that there are lots of restriction with your webspace but I can't help but feel that people would be more tempted to buy models from your site if you had some photos. I am always dubious about ordering paper models if I can not get some idea of what the compleated models will look like. I am not having a dig at you, you are by no means alone but I just wish we had more idea of what we were buying.

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
Dewayne I understand that there are lots of restriction with your webspace but I can't help but feel that people would be more tempted to buy models from your site if you had some photos. I am always dubious about ordering paper models if I can not get some idea of what the compleated models will look like. I am not having a dig at you, you are by no means alone but I just wish we had more idea of what we were buying.

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
I post models folks have built from time to time but setting up a full time gallery is something I honestly have not had a lot of time to implement. I don't know html and struggle just to produce what I have now. By cruising the site it should be evident a rank html beginner is at work. :)

I would like to set up a full time photo gallery but to be honest, the modelers here do a very good job of it and they publish the models as they build them. Look at what Ron, Carl and the others have done. I'm impressed.

Also, anything new is largely not built by me. I have to take what the beta builders tell me and I always don't have build photos unless there is a problem and then it's documented by pics and diagrams. I do get around to building eventually but there are so many models coming in overall I just can't get to them all in the time I want to. Anyone good at cloning 101?

I will set something up and will try to do it before years end but no promises.

DeWayne

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
I post models folks have built from time to time but setting up a full time gallery is something I honestly have not had a lot of time to implement. I don't know html and struggle just to produce what I have now. By cruising the site it should be evident a rank html beginner is at work. :)

I would like to set up a full time photo gallery but to be honest, the modelers here do a very good job of it and they publish the models as they build them. Look at what Ron, Carl and the others have done. I'm impressed.

Also, anything new is largely not built by me. I have to take what the beta builders tell me and I always don't have build photos unless there is a problem and then it's documented by pics and diagrams. I do get around to building eventually but there are so many models coming in overall I just can't get to them all in the time I want to. Anyone good at cloning 101?

I will set something up and will try to do it before years end but no promises.

DeWayne

C

cgutzmer

I dont think a full blown gallery is needed. An image of what the final looks like linked from clicking on the cover would suffice for starters. Maybe enclose the cover with a border if it has an image attached to make it easy to see what ones have pics :)
Chris

C

cgutzmer

I dont think a full blown gallery is needed. An image of what the final looks like linked from clicking on the cover would suffice for starters. Maybe enclose the cover with a border if it has an image attached to make it easy to see what ones have pics :)
Chris

Aug 26, 2006
DeWayne said:

Have to agree with what others have said, DeWayne. As you know I've bought a bunch of the Marek kits so I know how good they are. But when you put an autogyro kit up, with nothing more than an isometric drawing, it's almost impossible to know anything about its quality, the markings, or anything else about the model.

As I mentioned in an email to you, I've already reformatted your WWI pages so that I can match kit cover to text. I offered that HTML to you and that offer still stands. I don't want a web job but I'd be happy to help you with some of this stuff if you are interested...and very patient :) We could easily drop in a photo or three right next to the kit cover page graphics. At least these would give those interested in Marek kits, some idea of how they build.

Cheers --- Larry

Aug 26, 2006
DeWayne said:

Have to agree with what others have said, DeWayne. As you know I've bought a bunch of the Marek kits so I know how good they are. But when you put an autogyro kit up, with nothing more than an isometric drawing, it's almost impossible to know anything about its quality, the markings, or anything else about the model.

As I mentioned in an email to you, I've already reformatted your WWI pages so that I can match kit cover to text. I offered that HTML to you and that offer still stands. I don't want a web job but I'd be happy to help you with some of this stuff if you are interested...and very patient :) We could easily drop in a photo or three right next to the kit cover page graphics. At least these would give those interested in Marek kits, some idea of how they build.

Cheers --- Larry

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
DeWayne

I think Larry has a good point. It's difficult choose a model and match the code later.

I bought from you a Lockheed P-38J-2 because I can't see the color for the version 1.

Regards
Alcides

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
DeWayne

I think Larry has a good point. It's difficult choose a model and match the code later.

I bought from you a Lockheed P-38J-2 because I can't see the color for the version 1.

Regards
Alcides

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Ok.......... PLEASE NOTE * * * * * THIS IS MY OPINION * * * * *

Now that, that is out of the way, I an going to say some stuff, and I really don't want to offend anyone, but really guys............

You are talking about models that are less than 6.00 USD. AND in the case of the latest copter thing less than 3 bucks.

I will say this one more time and please, PLEASE, listen.

THIS HOBBY WILL DIE IF WE DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS AND DESIGNERS!

AND that means buying models!

The models that are offered for a price are WELL WORTH the price asked for, and can be made into really great models or not. It depends on the builder.

DeWayne has said he wants to offer pictures, but right now cannot, it could be bandwidth, it could be health, it could be a lot of things, but come on guys cut some slack on this.

Stating that you did or did not buy a model based on whether or not a picture exist, is a little lame because if he was a crook who's to say it would be a picture of this model anyway. NO DEWAYNES IS NOT A CROOK, so don't even go there!

ALL of the models that are hosted on sites listed here are fantastic and would make great models. AND DANG WELL WORTH the small prices asked.

I might just be different, and if I am I appologize, but I buy a model for the subject, Because it is something that I want to build, not whether a picture is there or not.

I'll shut up now.

john

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Ok.......... PLEASE NOTE * * * * * THIS IS MY OPINION * * * * *

Now that, that is out of the way, I an going to say some stuff, and I really don't want to offend anyone, but really guys............

You are talking about models that are less than 6.00 USD. AND in the case of the latest copter thing less than 3 bucks.

I will say this one more time and please, PLEASE, listen.

THIS HOBBY WILL DIE IF WE DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS AND DESIGNERS!

AND that means buying models!

The models that are offered for a price are WELL WORTH the price asked for, and can be made into really great models or not. It depends on the builder.

DeWayne has said he wants to offer pictures, but right now cannot, it could be bandwidth, it could be health, it could be a lot of things, but come on guys cut some slack on this.

Stating that you did or did not buy a model based on whether or not a picture exist, is a little lame because if he was a crook who's to say it would be a picture of this model anyway. NO DEWAYNES IS NOT A CROOK, so don't even go there!

ALL of the models that are hosted on sites listed here are fantastic and would make great models. AND DANG WELL WORTH the small prices asked.

I might just be different, and if I am I appologize, but I buy a model for the subject, Because it is something that I want to build, not whether a picture is there or not.

I'll shut up now.

john

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
I agree with you, John.

All of the designers DeWayne works with are great designers. Anything from them would be a well designed kit. Most of DeWayne's offerings show a graphic view of the appearance of the model. Knowing Marek's designs are first rate, seeing that graphic alone should be enough to let you know whether or not you want the kit. That goes for the other designers he supports.

There are some things I do want to see a photo of before I purchase, but a kit from any of DeWayne's designers is not one of those things.

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
I agree with you, John.

All of the designers DeWayne works with are great designers. Anything from them would be a well designed kit. Most of DeWayne's offerings show a graphic view of the appearance of the model. Knowing Marek's designs are first rate, seeing that graphic alone should be enough to let you know whether or not you want the kit. That goes for the other designers he supports.

There are some things I do want to see a photo of before I purchase, but a kit from any of DeWayne's designers is not one of those things.