TWE's Tiny Challenge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. josve

josve Active Member

The main goal is......cardmodelling :)
    It's fun to build , no matter the model....
    I'm today finishing my cardmodel, and can't wait to start on my next one :)
    This hobby is just like fish and you are hooked!!
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Larry, where did you get CF-MPD? I coloured that one using Jim's original beaver. Nice job on it BTW, my full sized builds didn't look that good.
  3. It came from Jim Gauzman directly. As you probably know, Jim's design is available through Fiddler's Green but also that Jim is no longer associated with FG.

Seems he's got a BUNCH of repaints for the Beaver that are not available through FG. I've encouraged him to make them available for sale and maybe he will but I can't really speak for him.

Cheers --- Larry
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

< As you probably know, Jim's design is available through Fiddler's Green >

Well, at least Chip's version of Jim's Beaver is at FG...Jim's original is superior imo. Glad you liked my RCMP version.
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

This is about the only small thing I've made--Michi's Penguin. It's the sole survivor of the set I made....everytime Linda shows someone her doll house--another disappears.

Attached Files:

6. <grin> you did the repaint? Interesting...good tastes in paint schemes. Jim kidded me about being in Canada and that he felt he "owed" a Beaver to people living in Canada. He sent me his list and your repaint was my favorite. I'd like to do one in the Austin Airways paint scheme but, for now, I'll be happy to do CF-MPD on floats in 1/48.

Cheers --- Larry
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I did a Pacific Western Airlines Beaver on floats as well, but I'm not certain if I sent it to Jim or not, and for that matter, can't seem to find it on my system.

They say that memory is the second thing to start to go, and buggered if I can recall the first.

8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

this may qualify for the tiny challenge, its the going merry ship from ninjatoes.

while its built at 90% of the expected size on 3 sheets, it is quite small, expecially some of the detail pieces:

enlargements available at the webpage:
  9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

46rob,I haven't been paying attention well enough,I know it's Michi's penguin...but how do we get one? (my wife is drooling)................................jleslie48, Incredible Going Merry!! This is still one of my favorite ship models.
  10. It wasn't on his list, Rick.

I forgot what we were talking about.

Cheers --- Larry
  11. michik

michik Member

Weeeell, you'll probably have to wait until Jim's real Beaver is published. That is, unless you have a look in the parts bin, of course ;)

Jim, Rob:
    There really should be a law to protect the antarctic wild life, shouldn't it ?!

12. That is really neat, Jonathan. Now I'm on a hunt for a STIX format handler :) Love the photos of it on your website.

Cheers --- Larry
  13. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

tiny penguins

I would like to warn anyone and everyone that building Michi's penguins is futile if you want any left for yourself at the end of the day! You could build oodles of them and they would all walk away (in poachers hands). There is no enforcible law to protect antarctic cardmodel wildlife.

Larry! thanks for posting the tiny beaver - it is an inspiration.

-Jim G
  14. Yes it is, but you're the guy who did all the hard work by designing it. Rick did more work than I by doing the repaint. You graciously gave me a copy. All I did was glue it together and not very well I might add :) So, thanks for the inspired model, Jim.

Cheers --- Larry
  15. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I got me a 'lil Penguin...Thanks Michi!!!...I also got a 'lil pic of a sunset at the north pole from Mom,...maybe a 'lil Chilly Diorama?...tiny of course!
  16. 46rob

46rob Member

But--there ain't no pneguins at the North Pole--'course, who'd know the difference between an artic and antartic scene--unless the penguins were looking at their calendar at the time.
  17. SteveM

SteveM Member

There are no penguins at the north pole because of the polar bears!:-D
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Heck that's the reason I ain't at the North Pole!:grin:
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Half the year I feel like I am at the north pole....
  20. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I stood on the North Pole...the pressure ridges and cold made it a very formidable place to be. 8v) But what really disappointed me, was there was no red and white striped barber pole marking the spot 8v(

I did however, do something few folks can say they did. I asked one of the scientists I was with where the pole actually was and he pointed to two different pressure ridges and said, "Somewhere between those two ridges." So I started walking a circle. I can now claim I walked around the world four times! and I did it in 20 minutes! I also figured since I had crossed the International Dateline four times, I was (and still today) working four days in the future from everyone else. However, the powers to be in the US Air Force didn't buy that and made me stay those four extra days at Thule AB, Greenland where I was assigned at the time. 8v)