TWE's Tiny Challenge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Very nicely done, Cardmodeler. What building is that?

Cheers --- Larry
  2. Thanks, Jim. It was a fun build. I'm struggling, though, with a small airplane for this thread. The wheels and such become too tiny for my four thumbs :)

Carmodeler...I really like your little building. Where did it come from?

Cheers --- Larry
  3. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Thanks for your kind words. This model is a little old country store from a German source, I think. I believe I found it on the Iceberg free paper models listing. If I knew how to do it, I would include the file here for your enjoyment. Perhaps you or someone else could tell me how to do that. Very nice job on the little English village.

4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I don't know how, but I keep missing posts...I should be punished...
    gchucky, Fabulous Carousel my friend, I really do like your work!

cardmodeler, nice little store!!!!!

I am nearly finished with my first entry. It is from Micromodels and it is scaled down. I do not know the percentage of the printing but I do know that two pages of parts fit on a business card.
  5. Big place that Iceberg and its links :)

Ha, I'm the guy asking questions about how to post this stuff. I see the inline attachments that both you and I have just done, I've seen references to links off-site, and then I've seen files listed at the bottom of the msg for download. I haven't a clue how that later bunch are done.

Cheers --- Larry

6. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Here is where I got the little country store model from:

This is a good site to cruise for downloads if you haven't seen it yet.

If you scroll down a ways there are some free downloads along the left side. Check out the Skyraider model, it looks like a good one. They also have some really interesting "Historic" models.

7. Hmm...I hadn't seen it and it certainly has a lot of neat build stuff, particularly old buildings. But I couldn't find any download links. Guess I'm too stupid as I am lost in the German.

I'll have to take your word for it but after clicking on every single line on the left hand side, I never found anything to download. Maybe you have to register or something. Guess it's not that important, though it would be nice to be able to read German. I struggle enough with French on a daily basis, though, so it's not likely that I'll be learning German any time soon.

Cheers --- Larry
  8. thewoodengraver

Does this count?

This is the William Crooks Locomotive from Micromodels at 1:811 scale. There were three pages of parts, the third of which has the passenger coach (not included). The two pages I used both fit on the same business card...I hope you like it.
  9. [bowing low towards my computer monitor]...truly amazing. And here I sit trying to figure out how to get my thumbs around the wheels on a 1:192 aircraft. I'm not worthy. I don't know how you guys do it, but I hope to learn.

Cheers --- Larry
  10. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

11. goney3

goney3 Member

TWE - I am beyond impressed! Well done my friend! :)
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

GASP! its a fake - the finger is actual part of phils humongous build thread, not the other way around :p nice job man.
  13. That would be it :) I did manage to register and 'voila' (a language I can follow), there were the downloads. Thanks. None of the card buildings did much for me until this 'tiny' thread. Once you make them small they become interesting to me. Love the stuff in the Kartonmodell-Forum.

Cheers --- Larry
  14. july1772

july1772 Member

One of the heavy hitters finally posted, and it was well worth the wait. I'm just an amateur compared to you, TWE.
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ok.......that it for me. Anytime someone can pick up a train with one finger......... it's time to start looking for the Fantastic Voyage Incredible Shrinking Machine.......... when does that thing revert to true scale?

Oh........ is Raquel Welch on board?:twisted:
  16. Texman

Texman Guest

Very nice Phil! Glad to see your kickin' around and modelling. Just got back into town, so I haven't had much time to work on fiddly bits. But you'll like it, I promise!

17. thewoodengraver

Thanx kindly Gentlemen! ...I've got more coming...Can't wait Texman!.........
    Larry, I'm not worthy either...but it sure was fun!!! I can make 'em small, but I have yet to get them straight!...At least, I got the tender-box installed in the right direction this time. I tried to get a better dice! BUT, I put it on my Ancient scanner and...Viola!
    Please remember, this model measures only 1-1/4".
  18. michik

michik Member

My Preludium...

Hi Phil!

Your Choo Choo has turned out extremely cute (though I have to admit that I'd preferred your re-coloured version, it's not so... well... blck!)!

Finally my digicam is repaird, so I can post some entries, too.

I stuck to the original rulr of 75% or smaller. Unless otherwise noted, the scale is 1/250 on ships and planes, and 1/220 on trains and cars. In particular, the models are:

Micromodels USA's C.P.HUNTINGTON and BURLINGTON CEPHYR at 73%
    HMV's prussian T 12 at 40%
    Annete Scholz' HANOMAG ST 100 tractor at 55%
    FG's OPEL BLITZ at 22%
    a downloaded FISHING VESSEL at 32%
    HMS GRIFFIN, converted from JSC's ORP GARLAND, at 32% (scale is 1/1250)
    Schreiber's ROMAN MERCHANT SHIP at 50% (scale is 1/200)
    Schreibers freeby yacht DELPHIN at can't remember how many percents
    Zio Prudentio's FOKKER D VII and GLOSTER GAUNTLET at 29%
    Schreiber's JUNKERS F 13 at 40%
    JSC's JUNKERS W 33 also at 40%
    Trotskiy's NAKJIMA B5N at 20%
    FG's SEA HARRIER at 24%
    a bunch of FG's NA/CANADAIR SABREs at 24%
    Roman Sea's MILITARY HOSPITAL at 24% (scale is 1/1250)
    and finaly
    FG's RENARD R17, FG's JUNKERS D I, and a downloaded FORD A, which I can't remember the percentages neither, but all are in 1/250.

I called this my preludium because this is the normal way I build my models, and though the original rules only called for 75% or less of the original size, I feel like Phil, and want the challange really to be a challenge! Only, I haven't decided yet what to do, let alone done it. Well, let's wait and see what I'm coming up with...

Attached Files:

19. Heck, Phil, some of my glue blobs are larger than your model. I'm still amazed by all of this. Michi - your collection of miniatures is inspiring. I'm struggling to do these little models and with limited success but I'm afraid you guys just might hook me on the idea; it's just so much fun.

Cheers --- Larry
  20. july1772

july1772 Member

Beautiful work, Michi! Your workmanship is outstanding.