TWE's Tiny Challenge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You can make anything tiny - just reprint! :D
  2. july1772

july1772 Member

Bowdenja and goney3,
    The bot in the third pic is the old C6 Cassowary mecha from Ebbles Miniatures. The version I built isn't available anymore but a newer and better version can be downloaded for $2.00. In case you want to check it out, here's the link:

By the way, is there a limit as to how many models you can post in this thread? To put this to the test here are some more pics. First is the mecha on a quarter. Then it's the mecha and other models on a dollar bill. I don't recall how much I reduced the mecha, but the others are 50% builds. Sorry guys, but these models are not available for download. Finally, the third pic is of the FG HO-IX flying wing built at 67% of the regular version (I forgot to include an object to contrast it to the model's size).

Attached Files:

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice job on all of those! I doubt very much if there is a limit ;) the more the better! At the rate I am building it will be a month before mine gets posted....
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You amaze me my friend! Very well done! And, no, there is no limit to the amount of posts!!! Bring 'em to us buddy!!!

(looks like I got myself in pretty deep!)...(love it. by the way!)

It's cool buddy! We are all friends here! Johnny was just joking too!

(I hope you all aren't all tense because of me, I can say foolish things from time to time)
  5. july1772

july1772 Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys. When I get the chance I'll post more pics. Another great thread TWE. Some very nice builds have already been posted, and I'm looking forward to seeing what others contribute (including you, TWE, and masters such as Texman).
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Thanx july1772,
    I am working on potpourri, yes, you will get several models all at once, hopefully all showing different scales...

I'm sure Texman is working on something that will blow us away.
  7. josve

josve Active Member

No need to be sorry Billy! I found the joke pretty amusing :)
    I thought I was playing along, but to try to be funny in a foreign language isn't easy :)
    So if any of you ever come this way.....let's go fishing :)
  8. Yeah, its is small world after all, cant we shrink it some more?...
    Cheers Billy
  9. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

I know I posted this in the "How tiny" thread, and it is not as tiny as some of the masterpieces we have seen in these pages . . but I didn't want to miss out!

Don't worry, I am working on a smaller one! :)

Attached Files:

10. Very cool. What is the source for this design?

Cheers --- Larry
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Dang and double dang. So much for my atempt. I got 4 whole pieces together before screwing up. I put a stupid former in UPSIDE DOWN arghhhhhh. Now the fuselage is totally out of whack. Oh well maybe I am not cut out for tiny. It was all so darn small I couldnt even read the darn numbers without getting a headache (for those I could read anyway) maybe I will try something else after I finish the dragon - maybe.

Nice job on the tank shaungamer. Looking forward to the next step! Gonna do a different recolor? I like it when people build three sizes in different paint jobs :)
  12. july1772

july1772 Member

That 1:100 tank is plenty tiny. I'm more impressed by the tanks you built than by anything I posted. The vampire mask I built may be smaller, but it's a relatively simple model to build. The tanks you made have a higher degree of difficulty, and I'd probably mess them up even at a large scale.

Here is one more pic. The model on the left is the Hako Voltron. It was a bit tough to build, mainly because it didn't include any instructions. I downloaded it from the old Paper models Smartgroup, so I don't know if it's still available. The model on the right is the KeiCraft Shimbun dog, no longer available on the 'net. Voltron was printed at 67% and the dog at 44.34%.

Attached Files:

13. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

The T-34 is from Paper Tiger Armaments and the winter version is my own recolor.

I am a bit tired of doing T-34 tanks and their variants (I have been building SU-85/100/122s for a while now!! :D ). However I might go back and do another re-scale of it, and if I do it will be a different color scheme!

My next re-scale (Tinyorization???) will probably be of a German Tiger . . . possibly 50% (1:144 - 4 models per page).

Lining up edges so they are straight and clean is a talent I do not have. My models look great in real life but put them under the scrutiny of a digital zoom and you can see the flaws appear!
    I love the dog by the way!! :)
  14. Thanks. Neat site. I don't know armour but these look great. For some reason, this 'new' (to me) world of card modeling has me looking at model types I never would consider otherwise. Love your winter recolor.

Cheers --- Larry
  15. Highlander

Highlander Member

USS Essex

Hi All.

This is USS Essex from Maly Modelarz that I've just finished, 1:300 scale with Dauntless, Hellcats, Helldivers and Avengers on board. I hope You'll like it :)

16. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Two questions-how the heck did you have enough patience to build all them planes and secondly did you use some etched parts?
  17. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Highlander, this is absolutely fantastic!!!!

I would like a construction report on this one, especially about your terrific tiny planes. How do you make us believe the props are actually spinning???

18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

First off welcome to the forums!

That is a brilliant build! Did the planes come with the kit or they other kits? That must have taken a coons age to build. Pelase do post more pics in a gallery or a seperate build thread for us :)
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Blessed Dung!:-o ..............that's for the kids here.............. I actually said the real words when I logged onto the thread and saw the Essex!

FANTASTIC BUILD! Please start another thread and post more pictures!

Barry................... another ship guy just pipped on board! With a dang good model too!

edit.......... I think this will the POTW next!
  20. Highlander

Highlander Member

Thank You All :)

I'll start new thread about Essex next week and I'll answer all questions 'tres volontiers'. I have to prepare myself and my english is not good enough :oops: so, please be patient and with understunding.