TWE's Tiny Challenge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice! Got a good chuckle out of the character banter too :) You guys are all awesome!
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice! Got a good chuckle out of the character banter too :) You guys are all awesome!
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

HEY! That thumbtack is NOT to scale! Yuk Yuk Yuk!
    Nice job.
  4. thewoodengraver

HEY! That thumbtack is NOT to scale! Yuk Yuk Yuk!
    Nice job.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Toot Toot........... um that was my horn.

Here is a 1/72 scale of the new P-80. This version is yet to be released.

A full scaled 1/48 is behind it.

Actually it is a Navy TV-1........ but who's pick-nicking............. a that would be Yogi............. Booboo, my boy!

Attached Files:

6. thewoodengraver

That's a handsome flyer John!
    How do you guys get models that aren't released yet?
    Do you do test-builds for people?... Friends with the designers?... Blessed?... Found it on a street corner?... Found it in a picnic basket?... It just flew by?
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Beautiful job, usual!:)

If I might ask, where will this model be released, by whom, and ...perhaps the more important question...when?

Thanks for posting a photo of this great build!

8. SteveM

SteveM Member
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Thanks, Steve...of course I did get that notice from DeWayne, just had a senior moment.:oops:

10. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

This is a part of a larger model but someone suggested I post this in the tiny challenge. I also wanted to make a cleaner build before posting it but Oh well. These things never are perfect.
    This is a pair of 225 horsepower Evenrude Ram outboard motors. The one on the left is a more recent build of it. The one on the right is the first build.
    The newer one pivots on its motor mount. I almost got the propellor to turn as well.
    I don't see how you folks can handle much of the tiny stuff. I hate when I drop a part like the propellor on the floor and then have to find it.

Attached Files:

11. barry

barry Active Member

They look great Lizzie

I spend a good deal of time going round the floor with a torch looks like I am pretending to be in CSI it works though.
  12. thewoodengraver

Tiny Hamptons Apartments

Does this count??? Yuk Yuk Yuk!
    Hamptons Apartments printed at 40% of origional.

I may not always build them well...but I almost always build them tiny.

My first boo-boo was gluing the base to cardboard. Naturally it warped. I made lots of boo-boos on this one but you want to know something?
    The flagpole and the pillars (17) were all made from 3 pieces of 110# laminated cardstock, cut into strips then cut to size. I did use thin wire for the umbrella stands (forgive me). I opted to not add the shrubbery.

Lizzie, GREAT job on those engines!!!
  13. thewoodengraver

One more pic...
  14. thewoodengraver

15. Those Evinrudes are wonderful, Lizzie. Dare I say "cute"? I assume they are the powerplants for your new boat design. They'll look great on it.

Phil, is the regular size version of that hotel a free model somewhere? In tiny-size it's awesome.

Cheers --- Larry
  16. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Lizzie, those are some small engines. Good work.

TWE, how are your eyes holding out? Nice looking itty bitty apartments.:)

Larry, the model can be downloaded from here Happy Llama. Click on Downloads, then Hampton's Apartments from SimCity 3000.
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Phil, the pool side looks great! I mean... tiny but great.
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Talk about a coincedence,
    I finished the Hampton Apartments a couple of weeks ago.
    Looks like we have made identical bases except that they are facing different ways!
    I'm not really posting this for the challenge just for it's high coincedence factor!
    It is a lot smaller than the picture makes it seem.
    Each of the pillars is about 1/3 of a toothpick, cut sanded and painted with exterior house trim paint.

And another one.

And just one more.

19. thewoodengraver

Thanx guys.

Great minds think alike Russell!!!
    Wow! Your model looks way lots better than mine. I built the origional size one a couple years ago. I didn't even want to show a pic of it because it was built sloppily. In fact, everything I build is. That's why I build them tiny.

This is one of my favorite free downloads. Goes together easily...with instructions...and looks handsome without a great deal of effort.

I am considering building it even smaller...we will see...

Doug, mine eyes are happy now that I have a magnifying light!!! Thanx for posting the link. I meant to...but I'm a dork!
  20. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

I'm going to make Jim Nunn's MG42 in 1/72 instead of the default 1/24.
    I'll get pics up as fast as i can.