Turtle Creek Engine

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out what color scheme would work with my Turtle Creek cars for an engine. The cars I'm painting maroon with the white lettering. I think this maroon/light blue scheme works well. What do y'all think?

Michael

Attachments

• tcc3 f9a.gif
    tcc3 f9a.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 135

Lackawanna Jim

Nov 27, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Very nice Michael!

Perhaps some white outlining around the black lettering, to make it stand out? I guess that depends on how light the blue would be... Regardless; I like it very much.

Jim

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, now that's right on the money! Sharp color scheme and looks proto to boot! :cool:

The third thing in its favor is that it looks like an easy scheme to mask as well! A sharp color scheme that looks proto and is easy to mask and paint is a hard combination to beat.

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
On a simular note, this is how I'm gonna do my NSR engines. I have not decided on black or white lettering yet. It depends on the exact color blue or teal I use.

Attachments

• nsrpaint.gif
    nsrpaint.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 78

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Michael, to be honest I didn't like those paint schemes, but first I didn't know why. Then it dawned on me: That cyan background is extremely disturbing, so that the different blues 'bite' each other.

So I changed the background - and presto: Now this design looks great! I'd go for a light blue with black lettering - or a dark (gauge?) blue with white lettering.

Ron

Attachments

• f7colorscheme.gif
    f7colorscheme.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 29