Turtle Creek Engine

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by McFortner, Jun 24, 2003.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

I've been trying to figure out what color scheme would work with my Turtle Creek cars for an engine. The cars I'm painting maroon with the white lettering. I think this maroon/light blue scheme works well. What do y'all think?

Attached Files:

2. Very nice Michael!

Perhaps some white outlining around the black lettering, to make it stand out? I guess that depends on how light the blue would be... Regardless; I like it very much.

3. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Yup! That'll look great!
    The blue needs to be lighter.
    Perhaps a dark sky blue.... ummm ya... What I said.
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Nice but I would either lighten the blue a couple shades or make the lettering maroon also. :)
  5. McFortner

McFortner Member

I have a pale blue color called Bluebell that I think would work well.

6. McFortner

McFortner Member

Oops! Forgot the picture! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Attached Files:

7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I like that one a lot better!

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, now that's right on the money! Sharp color scheme and looks proto to boot! :cool:
  9. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

The third thing in its favor is that it looks like an easy scheme to mask as well! A sharp color scheme that looks proto and is easy to mask and paint is a hard combination to beat.
  10. McFortner

McFortner Member

11. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I like that last version!
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Right, Michael, you want as many of the colour separations as possible to come at the rivet lines or panel separations as possible. And the next loco will be a Geep, where the lines are completely different.
  13. McFortner

McFortner Member

On a simular note, this is how I'm gonna do my NSR engines. I have not decided on black or white lettering yet. It depends on the exact color blue or teal I use.

Attached Files:

14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Looking gooooooood Mac! And congrats on the house!

15. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

This one looks neat, but it will be much more difficult to mask.
  16. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Michael, to be honest I didn't like those paint schemes, but first I didn't know why. Then it dawned on me: That cyan background is extremely disturbing, so that the different blues 'bite' each other.

So I changed the background - and presto: Now this design looks great! I'd go for a light blue with black lettering - or a dark (gauge?) blue with white lettering.

Attached Files:

17. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

I like your choice of motive powr too.

Greg Elems