turbo in a nitro?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dj6666969, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

OK I have saw alot of cool engines and they say they have a turbo. It has a chamber at the end (where the pullsart would go) and a piece of fuel tubing going to the block. My question is how does it work does it give it alot more power? does it hum like a turbo :D just kidding
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

check out the nitrous oxzide thread on here. it went into turbos and super chargers a little. it pretty much said they dont work on the 2 strokes and dont give much more power but there are a lot of details and argueing.
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

4. mastmec

mastmec Member

ID me

What you are describing is a boost chamber, it doesn't act like a turbo, it smoothes the throttle responce.
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok well doesent a boost boddle do the same then? if it says turbo is it just to make it sound cool?
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

It may have been a turbo plug engine, where the glow plug and head button are different, the plugs don't use a copper gasket to seal them, the plugs are tapered.
    And yes, the boost bottle does the same thing.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok, ive never seen any nitro engines with a *turno plug *...
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

turbo* plug you can buy them anywhere
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

would it make a difference at all?
  10. Teamser

Teamser Member

ok i seen a etup once if i find the site agian with a guy that made a turbo setup for his car i will find it then show it on this thread when i find it. i was quite amazded well it looked kool but i have no idea if it really worked.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

cool thanks cant wait to see it
  12. pimp

pimp Active Member

i have never heared of it either but sounds cool
  13. dgmorr

dgmorr Member

try a company called RB innovations....something like that, they make a supercharger.
  14. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

15. redheat

redheat Member

Teamser , send that turbo setup i gotta see this , the only turbo setup you are gonna get is a turbo head that is tappered to a turbo plug, thats it nothing more.
  16. pimp

pimp Active Member

he dont have a turdo he dont even had a rc unless he stole it he is the big scam artist on this site look out i think he will come back as a diff name on here he has already done it 2 times so a 3rd wouldent bother he is a kid and says he has a hobby shop lol what a moron
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Pimp thanks for tuning me in, heat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.