Ttrak/itrak

C

Catt

One of my way to many current projects

ttrak1.jpg

I can't take the credit for the construction of my TTRAK/ITRAK module as it was built by another member of our NTRAK club,but the scenery will be all mine IF I can decide what I want to do with it. :D

If anybody is interested this is a double length module but it is the standard width.

For the non-N scalers out there plans are being drawn up right now for HO,S and O scale TableTop modules.

(doesn't everybody do N scale??????)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
What are the dimensions of the TTRAK/ITRAK modules Catt? Any room to have an industry track leading off the mainline?
Can imagine a mine or a large factory. Will be interested to see how this develops.
Nice clouds on the back drop.

C

Catt

Robin,rough dimentions for a TTRAK module are 8 1/4 x 12 1/4 but as I stated this one is double length.

I wish I could take credit for that backdrop (could use that skill on the home layout :D :D ).

TTRAK modules like NTRAK modules can be built to various widths and have been.I want to do some inside corners so we can add some varieity to the layout shape.

C

Catt

I am beginning to feel like I am the only modular modeler on the internet.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
You are not alone Catt. My layout is built on modules so if needed I can move the layout. Now the modules aren't built to a specific size like N track. I made them 7ft. by 2ft. and bolted them together.

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
Ntraker as well. Our group is 2 full time and a couple or three part time members. I've being toying with the idea of building a couple of Ttrak modules and my partner is looking at a few OneTrak modules to add to his layout.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
catt
i am with you i done my layout in module set up due to me renting this place till the house is done next year i built all of my layout in 8' long and 27"wide and 4 parts are 4' x 4' and on the workings of building a creat to hold the whole layout in when took down for the move "for bortherzilla can't damage it "

but on another note do you know the dates for the holland show and swap my local shop don't have anything on it .

C

Catt

I don't have the dates yet scooby,but I can get them for you later in the week. Who is your local shop?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Catt!
I think I read an article somewhere (MR?) about these Ttrak modules...I believe this is something started in Japan...?
I think they're really cool, & fit right in with my way of thinking of the layout as a "working diorama".
Do you happen to know of the article I'm talking about, & where/when it was published...seems like it was maybr a year or so ago...?

C

Catt

Charlie,I can't place an article in MR,but both of the N scale mags have had stories.TTRAK did indeed start in Japan,but Lee and Jim Fitzgerald (of NTRAK fame) brought it to the US.

My club decided that we wanted to be able to run our six axle locos on the TTRAK modules so we set out to design corner modules that would allow such things to happen,No sooner did we get it figured out tested and working and Jim came up with the same plan.I think the only difference between the two is about a 1/16" difference in the track spacing.

Somebody (in the Houston Texas club) is working on an inside corner(we will be too :D ).There are people working on all kinds of variations as to length and width (usually wider toward the inside).I have even heard that someone is doing John Allen's Timesaver as TTRAK modules.

Well this is a heck of alot more than you asked for ,but I am seriously hooked on TTRAK.

If you would like me to,I'll look up the articles and post which mags ran them and when.

C

Catt

A small update on the TTRAK module for those with interest :D

ttrak04a.jpg

The road is a twolane blacktop(as in styrene) the trees are the new Woodland Scenics pieces.the scenery is real dirt and WS ground foam.

No it isn't done yet.The white you see arond the tree's bases is the adhesive I used to glue the bases to the module.I need to finish the groundcover from the tracks to the roadway and from the roadway to the backdrop.

The lighting in my basement sucks for photography.:(