TTA - Terran Trade Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
The Interstellar Queen's ETA is... real sooonn!

I've finished incorporating your design recommendations ekuth, just a bit of tweaking to do on the textures..

(Once the master textures are finished, I'll try for three colour variations. 'AM' ~ close as I can get to the original Angus McKie painting + 'Proxima' and 'Trans-Galactic' ~ time permitting).

Attachments

• QueenTex1.jpg
    QueenTex1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 451
  • QueenTex1.jpg
    QueenTex1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 451

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
This is another version of the TTA stand posted further back in the thread. (different textures)

Attachments

• TTA_stand_V2clr2.zip
    579.4 KB · Views: 83
  • TTA_stand_V2clr2.zip
    579.4 KB · Views: 83
A

ARMORMAN

After a 20 year Hiatus (approximately), and the help of one of the paper modelers in the international community, I have replaced 3 of the 4 TTA books that I once had (sold my original copies while still in college). I'M TEN YEARS OLD AGAIN AND HAVE THE COOLEST BOOKS ON THE PLANET!!!! :D

Bunnyear

Mar 4, 2007
So my first impression of the cutlass,...GREAT ,...:-D

I build it two times now,.. only Problem was the two wings on the front ,but i make it on very heavy Paper so it works too,...go ahead,...

And that Queen looks like a Queen,....8)

A

ARMORMAN

wreck-1w.jpg" alt="Space Wreck - 1

Anyone want to try to make this as a kit?

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Yep.. sorry for the delay, life's not playing fair at the moment. ~ The Queens all but done, just finishing up the changes ekuth recommended, and tweaking a few bits on the bitmaps + building the Assemble guide. I was fiddling with a few ideas, for a base/ stand ~ going for something that was... Mckie -ish. Its a little on the overkill side, so I'll post it as a separate file..

Btb That wreck ship looks excellent, but it'd be a mega Dev! There's a few other similar subjects that I'd like to tackle one day, sadly you'd have to include it, but all the 'floating debris' is pretty daunting. ? there must be a way to do it.. wire ? attached to clear sheet ???....

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Yep.. sorry for the delay, life's not playing fair at the moment. ~ The Queens all but done, just finishing up the changes ekuth recommended, and tweaking a few bits on the bitmaps + building the Assemble guide. I was fiddling with a few ideas, for a base/ stand ~ going for something that was... Mckie -ish. Its a little on the overkill side, so I'll post it as a separate file..

Btb That wreck ship looks excellent, but it'd be a mega Dev! There's a few other similar subjects that I'd like to tackle one day, sadly you'd have to include it, but all the 'floating debris' is pretty daunting. ? there must be a way to do it.. wire ? attached to clear sheet ???....

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Interstellar Queen

Ok another addition to the TTA series, I could fiddle with this model for ages, but this will have to do for the time being. I've incorporated all of ekuth's recommendations from the test build, however, it necessitated re-designing a few parts to fit the page. They were only minor, so I don't think it will cause to many problems.

Oh yeah.. one thing I wasn't happy with, you may have noticed that the Interstellar Queen had different noses in different Mckie paintings. The most recognized version, has a little guy standing in the ' bridge' windows. It makes the 'bridge' scale way out for a vessel of this supposed size. There's a choice of two bridge modules, I tried reworking the windows, but it was amazing how much it altered the Queens appearance, so both bridges have a yellow band, representing the windows. ~ best I could do etc..

* I'm still not happy with the stand, so I'll have to post it as a separate file later..

enjoy

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I've been a fan of these books (especially the wrecks and ghostships one) since my boyhood. I probably have been bidding against some of you folks to score one on ebay (and lost). I had them all at one time but in my many moves and poor student years holding garage sales so I could eat....

sigh.

Thanks again.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
SSCreeeeeeeeeeeEECH!

I've just realised the Intersteller Queen model will probably need some weight added to the tail, or it will sit like a swan DIVE ~ So if building her, glue a few washers or something heavy near the tail... sorry bout' that...
:eek:ops:

Thank you Hot4 ! :wink:

Bunnyear

Mar 4, 2007
Well thanks that Model IS Great,...:grin:

I make now a small one,....and it was fun pur,...8)

I Glue a little Magnet inside the Tail now i can put it on the Door,....

So next is the Icemountain for the Diorama,....(Joke)

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Bunnyear ~ lol.... That coin is 6 inches wide... right? Excellent build Bunnyear! It always amazes me looking at Tiny builds. Great idea with the magnet!!, I can imagine a whole bunch of tiny ships stuck to my fridge door!.
:-D :-D

Here's a stand for the Intersteller Queen model. Its a bit of a compromise between design verses function. Thanks to the models probable? 'CoG' .. or you've added weigh to the tail when building, I doubt the model will happily sit on the stand without assistance. ~ glue or bluetac..? Oh well.. if there's any major problem with it, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.