TTA - Terran Trade Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thank you ekuth! I should have the Queen ready for a dress rehearsal in a few days..

kaitain ~ great work on your models, I'm sorry they didn't receive the reception they deserved when your release your MOD. I love the Alphan Minnow! :yep: And as long as I've got my hand out the Stellar Cow tooo Please! :-D

Bunnyear ~ no worries, I hope he works out..

E

ekuth

SSF 21D Cutlass (FLEA)

Alright, dangit. You guys got the ball rolling on this.

I've had Metasequoia for a while, but never had a reason to make myself learn it... until now.

Here's a sneak peak at my contribution to the TTA fleet:

View attachment 8906

Looking decent so far... anyone have any reference shots of the top of this ship?

Attachments

• cutlass.JPG
    cutlass.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 227

Bunnyear

Mar 4, 2007
ah the Cutless good Project,...the Only Picture from the Top is a schematic view i think,....

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Woohoo! I'm glad your going to have a go at designing ekuth! Welcome to the fold.. fold.. fold!
The Terran Cutlass is a good choice! ~ Looks like it progressing really well..

*Will you still have the time to test build the Queen? Once you start designing, its like a drug and the hours will turn into seconds ( I could understand if you wanted to give test building the Queen the flick.) If YES, I'll pull my finger out, and get it to you ASAP, so you won't be deflected from designing. = weneedmoredevz!

Kaitain has generously set me his 'Minnow' and 'Stellar Cow' 3d models.. So there's two more for the List.. ? errr.. I hope Peter Elson's 'Stellar Cow' was in one of the TTA books? Its unique looking ship that deserve to be developed.

Attachments

• tta2.jpg
    tta2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 204
E

ekuth

Yup. Stellar Cow is in Spacecraft 2000 - 2100 AD.

Yes please, I still want to test build the Queen for you. Do you still have my email from the Galactica beta?

Thanks for the praise of the Cutlass... it's a learning process. (Learn to use Meta, learn what works, learn Pepakura, learn that Pepakura hates Meta and can't unfold for diddly-squat... *sigh*)

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Pheeeww.. Thanks guys.. The Cow's IN... Thanks for the pic Bunnyear, its a lot clearer than the version I had!:-D

ekuth ~ Damn.. cleaned my PM's out last week...eerr.. nope I've lost it ~ PM me with it?.. Thanks for this, she'll be pretty basic so it shouldn't chew up much time.

E

ekuth

Check your PM's, Gearz. Re-sent you my email addy.

What prog. do you use to model?
Do you make the models from simple shapes and then do each shape seperate in Pep?

A

ARMORMAN

You may want to "accurize" the 'cow as the model seems to be missing the thrustr bulb between the tailfin and the lower fins.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks ekuth! The Queen is on its way.. ~ You've done a nice job reproducing those nose textures! looks great

Bill ~ yep.. I should have mentioned Kaitain said the Cow was an unfinished project. So I'll add them while 'tweaking for card'.

E

ekuth

Check your email for my beta build feedback, Gearz. Thanks for the praise on the Cutlass. I'm definately not done with her yet, but it's getting there.

Now, for the rest of you, here's a sneak peak at Gearz' Interstellar Queen. Very beta, but couldn't resist :-D

View attachment 9007

Attachments

• P3210041.JPG
    P3210041.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 238

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
GULP!! For the less observant, check the time frame between post # 54 and # 55.. I think that must have set some sort of build time record.. Factor in the time zone difference + the time for an 'extensive' build feedback, I'd have to say *freakin incredible! + a cold turkey, beta build no less.

* Try soaking your hands in a bucket of cold water ekuth.. The burns won't leave permanent scaring..

Thank you.. it looks great! I'll incorporate your points and update.. (As soon as I regain my composure and mop up the coffee I spat on my keeyybooartd9
:yep:

E

ekuth

Calling all BETA Builders!!!

Okay, I've about got the Cutlass roughed out (with the gracious help of Gearz!) and ready to Beta build...

Any takers? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.