TT-01 Set ups

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Rocket-Russ, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

Has anyone got any tips on setting this chassis up for drift. No smart ass comments please like buy a proper car :lol:
  2. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

Ok spec of my TT-01

stock front and rear suspension

Full ball bearing race upgrade

Tamiya TEU - 101BK speed controller ( changing to a Novak Rooster)

Futaba 3003 servo (will change if i get the KO Propo set)

Futaba Magnum Junior transmiter (Want a KO Propo mars handset but doesnt everybody)

Tamiya 540 sport tuned motor (changing to a Trinity P2K2 Pro)

Stock 61T spur gear/19 T pinion Gear
  3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont... i have one :lol: They arnt anything special unless you know how to use power curves tho... as of now mines nothing more then a fancy Futaba Mag Jr.

But what do you mean by KO Servo set?

And looks nice! Got any pics?
  4. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

i should type properly i ment a better servo for the Ko Propo to operate the steering :oops:

im trying to get my mates digital camera of him as mine are from the stoneage and use film :( i will post them as soon as i have some but i have a skyline r34gtr shell in the xanavi jgtc race livery and a rx7 shell in blue flake with gold skirts and bumper
  5. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

the skyline looks the same as this

[​IMG]

and the rx7 photo i will add later you will have to forgive the blackwheels though i havnt got round to getting some new ones for the rx7 shell as ive only just completed it :D
  6. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

tt-01 is actually good for drifting. you should make all your suspensions really stiff all around and get the hardest slick compound you can find and buy a pair of hard inserts for the rear and medium inserts in the front. you should also lubricate your front differentials more and you can use anti-wear grease for the rear differentials. (you should also thinking of buying the front one way differentials is they sell them for tt-01)
  7. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

Thanks bud i will look into the one way diff im sure they do them as a hop up option :D
  8. kyosho05

kyosho05 Guest

what was included with your kit? i'm thinking about gettting the same r/c.
  9. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

Just the basics really they are easily upgradable but if you havnt bought one i would recomend the new TB-02 chassis kits you can make everything totally adjustable unlike the tt-01 as they are the new tt-01 and you can use parts from the evo chassis which is a top notch chassis its nearly as good as the tr-415

stock front and rear suspension

Tamiya TEU - 101BK speed controller

Tamiya 540 motor

Stock 61T spur gear/19 T pinion Gear
  10. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey man if i wereyou i would keep the sport tuned. they turn just as much if not more than 27T stockers and you dont ever have to service em since they are closed endbell motors!
  11. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

I will be keeping it i just want to see which performs best to my style , i really like trinity motors ive had them in a few electiric racers before and its always handy to have a spare anyway but cheers for the info i will be getting the p2k2 this week so i will have a few runs with it and see how it goes.

Russ

12. Ive been running the TB02 as my drifter. and all ive had so far is probelms The Diffs cant handel the stress. Im running a Team Orion CORE MOD 13 Single. and the ball diffs just blow out.

Im not very happy with the car so far. But ive got a Front Oneway for the front. and a Bevel for the rear coming in the mail. So i hope that fixs it.

Cheers :roll:
  13. Rocket-Russ

Rocket-Russ Guest

Ive heard this about the tb02 before i think its a common problem. I would sugest to you though get a rs540 sport tuned they are hot for drift and should be kinder to your gears
  14. tarantito

tarantito Guest

hi,

I use a TT01, my setup is this:

I use 61T/22T and Tamiya SS TYPE-s 23T, or HPI Challange 17T (but this is too more). I have standard diff., but more grease in rear. I have metal motor mount set, and aliminium motor heat sink, therefore it is cold. I use standard futaba s3003 servo, and LRP IPC esc.
    Now i waiting new one way, and ball diff for this car, and i will go the track.
    I use standard oil dumper, hard oil, and tamiya white spring. In my car is more tuning parts.

I use Yokomo drift tires, or pvc. If more turn in track, and sort straight, i use PVC.