• ESU Loksound

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jcoop1

Mar 18, 2005
Hi,
Just getting into DCC and just have an older Atlas commander DCC set at the moment, but will upgrade in the not to far off future.

My question is what do you guys/gals like for sound. I will be running both steam and diesel in On30.

I know the Loksound has the ability to program and that sounds like fun, but the cost is much higher than the Tsunami.

Anybody running both?

any thought are welcome

Thanks

xtcrr

Feb 7, 2006
Tsunami compared to the loksound, tsunami is crisp clean clear while the loksound is not... I would buy the tsunami if you want good sound, I would get the lok sound if you want to program sound in...
I had to go with digitrax tower 55 for sound on a disel engine.

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
The main thing I find that I don't like about Loksound is the 100 ohm speakers. That limits the selection a great deal

Harold

Fluesheet

Jan 22, 2006
Central Ohio
Fourteen votes, and only two replies! Don't forget to post WHY you voted the way you did - the rest of the community will benefit from it. :)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
My Views...

OK GUYS, i am NOT an expert on sound decoders, HOWEVER, i do have OVER 50 engines i have bought with sound, or have put sound in(yes sound IS IN my ENTIRE fleet). OK, here are MY views on the sound decoders i have. QSI=BAR NONE, the BEST!, Loksound=close second, Digitrax=ranks third with me, MRC Brillance=hits #4 in my book, and last, and most certainly the least i like is MRC's cheap AD370;). SORRY guys, i DO NOT have Tsunami:(, why?, good question, don't have a good answer other then i waited for it to come out forever, and in that time i took a liking to Loksound. the ONLY thing i DO NOT like about Loksound is...i think the horn/whistle is to quiet. seems funny how ALL the other sounds Loksound has are quite loud enough, but the horn/whistle is another story. PLEASE don't tell me to adjust the CV's, cripes, i AM the CV king:D, i adjust the CV's in ALL my decoders:thumb:, thats just the ONLY drawback i think Loksound has. RUNNING wise, QSI and Loksound are the icing on the cake!:thumb: :D **BOTTOM LINE, of the top 4 i have rated, ALL of them have there good points and bad points. EXAMPLE: the horn may sound better to you on QSI, but the bells might sound better on Loksound, etc, etc. MY best advice is to listen to a friends, or at the hobby shop to see what one YOU prefer;):D. **AGAIN, THESE ARE ONLY MY VIEWS ON WHAT I HAVE.hamr I TRULY HOPE this will HELP some of you in some way, THANK YOU, -UP SD40-2 View attachment 27204 **FINAL NOTE: i started my whole sound venture with a Soundtraxx LC sound decoder, i have since replaced it with Loksound.

Attachments

• SETUP_DCC_SOUND 1a.JPG
    SETUP_DCC_SOUND 1a.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 195

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
I was looking itno sound decoders today, and Tsunami seems to be more generic and less specific with locomotives than Loksound. I downloaded the whole loksound programmer software ( despite not having any loksound decoders or or the attachment thing) and just listened to the sounds. THe list seems fairly extensive to me, and the only complaint i have is they don't have enough american Electric locomotives ( but i suppose now it would be to late to get sounds like on the E60MA and E33 locomotives).

It Tsunami is as good as some of you guys make it seem, i'd go with it if they had more specific sounds for my modern diesels. otherwise I think i'll go with loksound.