Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Gregory Shoda, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

My last build was the Tsarist battleship Tsesarevich. I took it to our local IPMS meeting where our club photographer took some nice shots of it.

It is my first attempt at using a white color scheme. I was worried that it would get smeared, but somehow I avoided that pitfall. I actually am not really pleased with the resulting model, but the photos look pretty good.

2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Great job! what kit is that or is it scratchbuilt?
  3. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

It looks very good to me.
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Great pictures of another little gem of a ship model!
  5. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Thanks, guys. RMKS2000: The ship is a scratch built model, built entirely from paper, cardboard, & white glue. Drawings used came off the Internet.
  6. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Russian battleship Tsesarevich model photos

I wanted to post a few additional pictures. I hope this works. The process seems different.

7. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

The trick seems to be to trick the system. ????

Also a photo of the model during construction at the old shipyard.

The model took me 8 months to complete due to inertia. Golden Bear's French predreadnought posts prompted/inspired me to finally finish the model.
  8. barry

barry Active Member

That's got to be the best one yet great detail rivals the resin kits if not better
  9. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Barry: Thanks for your comments. I agree that it is possible to build card models that are on the par of plastic & resin. The 1/200 & 1/250 scale paper ships are finer than 1/350 plastic models in my opinion. (I work in a much smaller scale & cannot/dare not match that level of detail for fear of going crazy!)