trying to get started

SSG Troll

Jan 16, 2010
Hi everyone,
I've been an armchair modeler for years. But now I want to start up a logging railroad set during the 80's. What should i use for an engine or two and would the BCR skeleton cars work?

My other problem is that I'm stationed in Iraq for now.

chooch.42

Jan 23, 2007
Gibsonia, Pa.
Welcome, SSGT; Thanks for being where you are, doing what you must, and hope you're back safe and soon. Though you didn't specify, I'm guessing HO:
10055.2.jpg

...and this is the car (in the correct 1980's paint/logo?). OOPS, you didn't mean the 1880's, did ya ? More questions !!! I'm just a Pa. boy, but lotsa (more knowledgeable !) Canadian craftspeople hang out here and will probably have answers. Glad you're with us. Bob C.

SSG Troll

Jan 16, 2010
Thanks I'm here for a bit cant say when though. Yes it will be in HO and in the PNW. I grew up in Oregon my grand dad was a logger.

chooch.42

Jan 23, 2007
Gibsonia, Pa.
OK, wasn't sure of time either (your Grand Dad's 1880's logging railroads were very different)...and the BCR reference threw me, (tho' we have some fantastic Canadian modelers here). Hows this for a start:http://www.brian894x4.com/AbandonedRRmainpage.html ...for info on your area of interest (I'm taking a look, too). Though you can't start building much over there, you can build a store of data (electrons, brain cells or - how 20th Century - PAPER printout, utilizing a logging product ! All the Best. Bob C.