Truck Jumps

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Pitchwife, May 26, 2008.

1. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

After reading McGilliCutty's thread on stuck trucks I felt that I just had to share this that I received in an email from a friend.

Here is a truck driver looking for a job. Know anyone hiring? hamr

According to the person who sent this, the driver has only been in the U.S. a few months. He had missed his turn by Billings MT. And figured he could go over the hill and continue on the road. :genius2:

Apparently he didn't know there were rail tracks on top of the grade which doesn't matter, he'd be stuck anyhow..... :flush1: wall1 wall1

The truck owner figures he had to hit the angle at over 55 miles an hour in order to make the top. :eek: If you look close at some of the pictures you will see that it is only when the trailer pinched the rear tires of the truck that the truck stopped...... :|

I love the second picture that shows the tracks going through the field to get there. What a genius!!! :cry: :cry: :razz: :razz:

Luckily no trains were coming. Wouldn't that be a first, train hits truck, but nowhere near a crossing. :eek: :eek:
  2. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Well, I know it's a bit of a 'thing' between USA and Canada, but I think it goes beyond a joke when you start building
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I don't even see how he made it that far! I'd think that the whole rig would have pinched up at the bottom. Incredible! Whuuuuuuuuuut was he thinkin'!!!!!!!!
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Holy smokes....!!! What a d.... fool...!!!
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I can't believe anyone would try driving up a steep hill like that!!! I see telegraph'd think that might have been a clue to the rails on the top!

6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Maybe the signals would also give it away..??
  7. nachoman

nachoman Guest

how the?!!!

8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:eek:You think he's lookin' fer a new job?
  9. ScratchyAngel

ScratchyAngel Member

I think Classic Metal Works and Woodland Scenics are now hard at work on the Moron's Rig on the Rails mini-scene.
  10. Another fine Winnipeg Driversign1
  11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Do you think he went "Ooops", when he crossed the first set of rails?
  12. ScratchyAngel

ScratchyAngel Member

It's the 3rd and 4th shots that seal the deal. How could you possibly see that in front of you and think you could "make it".